Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I was a little concern when my family and I checked in. There was an unpleasant smell right at the entrance. We were informed that the hotel is under renovation and the smell was from the paint. Other than that. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The location provided easy access to shopping, beaches and resturants. The staff was nice and informative.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Goldenblu22
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dyersburg, Tennessee
Reviewed August 3, 2012

If you enjoy taking hour long hot showers in hopes that the catch in your back will turn loose this is the place for you. If you enjoy being able to stick your big toe through the holes in the covers to get a little cool air, this is the place for you. If you enjoy the sweet smell of dog urine and fresh piles of dog crap, this is the place for you. I am a bit of a roughing it type person as i always tent camp when i come to the coast. I read the bad reviews and was skeptical as i know most don't know anything other than the finest quality, but i am now a believer. The beds are absolutely HORRIBLE!!!. I could not sleep a full night as i feel like i have been put in some sort of full nelson by the beds. They don't even have any padding on the springs! The covers have burn holes in them. I have never stayed at any hotel that has sheets that look like this. I knew i was in for a long stay when i walked in and the stench hit me in the face. The first thing i did was run to walmart for a can of febreze to make our room tolerable. The only thing this place has going for it is the employees are nice and helpful. Other than that i would say stay away!!!!

Room Tip: Top floor has to have less noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael A

Travelers are raving about these Destin hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed here for business in Destin. The hotel was under construction at the time. The staff is courtious and helpfull. Many of the rooms are being upgraded and the outside is being renovated. It is a good place to stay if you are on a budget and it is well located for the beach and other attractions. The Hard Rock Cafe is only about two miles away. I would stay here again for business or personal trips.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Hi Bill,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write a review about your experience at Extended Stay America Destin - Hwy 98. While we are making some physical changes to the hotel, our goal is always to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests.

I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location. Thanks again!
Bedford, Virginia
Reviewed April 30, 2012

the place is dirty, carpets are torn and ragged, the rooms need upgrading in furniture and televisions, my hot water worked in the sink but none in the shower.
mold prevalent in all corners of the bathrooms, linens should have been donated to the local auto shop. current scaffolds 360 degrees around building on all floors, workers walk by your window on upper levels while your exposed. the really bad part is I refused 2 rooms before accepting this one. the water problem was the final straw. i was suppossed to be there 3 nights
I checked out after one night and found other accomodations......
stay away from this hotel..........

Room Tip: don't stay this hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank John L
Hi John,

I recently received a copy of your review. Please accept my most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and our vendor partners to review our standards and help coach them.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concerns satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Thank you.
Union City, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Not to far from every thing , close to shopping a short drive to every thing . Clean rooms and we loved the kitchen right in the room.we stayed once with the kids twice just us. Didn't like the pool.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Clittle44
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stopped in destin for 2 nights and used our discount coupon for Extended Stay. The coupon was only valid for one night but the 2nd night was still only $50 which was better than most other hotels.
Excellent room: Spotless, well equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, two stoive burners. A/C worked well and quietly.
Location is great with only 2 miles to Silver Sands mall and many many restaurants.
Gym facilities were very much appreciated.
Complaints: Nothing serious. (1) The breakfast room was closed for the season but we had lots of facilities to make our own in our room. (2) It took 5 transactions to get my payment correct- 3 buys and 2 refunds. new Guy on the desk I was told! No problem though as it got fixed to the penny. (3) Hot water kettle and a corkscrew would have been nice.
Overall, a fantastic place and a very very very resonable price for a 2 nights stay. I would pick this place again on my next trip for sure.
PS: My wife had some issues with the bed but I thought it was fine. Spotless and we got an upgrade to King for free.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Okay we were fooled by the outside of the picture. It looks modern and clean. The lady at the front desk was very nice. Although I read the reviews I thought maybe it was just that persons experience. When we walked into the room it was dark and dingy. I immediately started pulling up the covers on the bed to look for bed bugs. If that gives you any idea on what we thought of it. We didn't stay there. We went to another hotel instead. Maybe if I was in college I could do it but at this age I just couldnt do it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple