“A good place to stay.”

Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Tampa, Florida
“A good place to stay.”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed here for business in Destin. The hotel was under construction at the time. The staff is courtious and helpfull. Many of the rooms are being upgraded and the outside is being renovated. It is a good place to stay if you are on a budget and it is well located for the beach and other attractions. The Hard Rock Cafe is only about two miles away. I would stay here again for business or personal trips.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Hi Bill,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write a review about your experience at Extended Stay America Destin - Hwy 98. While we are making some physical changes to the hotel, our goal is always to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests.

I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bedford, Virginia
Reviewed April 30, 2012

the place is dirty, carpets are torn and ragged, the rooms need upgrading in furniture and televisions, my hot water worked in the sink but none in the shower.
mold prevalent in all corners of the bathrooms, linens should have been donated to the local auto shop. current scaffolds 360 degrees around building on all floors, workers walk by your window on upper levels while your exposed. the really bad part is I refused 2 rooms before accepting this one. the water problem was the final straw. i was suppossed to be there 3 nights
I checked out after one night and found other accomodations......
stay away from this hotel..........

Room Tip: don't stay this hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank John L
Hi John,

I recently received a copy of your review. Please accept my most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and our vendor partners to review our standards and help coach them.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concerns satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Thank you.
Union City, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Not to far from every thing , close to shopping a short drive to every thing . Clean rooms and we loved the kitchen right in the room.we stayed once with the kids twice just us. Didn't like the pool.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Clittle44
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stopped in destin for 2 nights and used our discount coupon for Extended Stay. The coupon was only valid for one night but the 2nd night was still only $50 which was better than most other hotels.
Excellent room: Spotless, well equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, two stoive burners. A/C worked well and quietly.
Location is great with only 2 miles to Silver Sands mall and many many restaurants.
Gym facilities were very much appreciated.
Complaints: Nothing serious. (1) The breakfast room was closed for the season but we had lots of facilities to make our own in our room. (2) It took 5 transactions to get my payment correct- 3 buys and 2 refunds. new Guy on the desk I was told! No problem though as it got fixed to the penny. (3) Hot water kettle and a corkscrew would have been nice.
Overall, a fantastic place and a very very very resonable price for a 2 nights stay. I would pick this place again on my next trip for sure.
PS: My wife had some issues with the bed but I thought it was fine. Spotless and we got an upgrade to King for free.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Okay we were fooled by the outside of the picture. It looks modern and clean. The lady at the front desk was very nice. Although I read the reviews I thought maybe it was just that persons experience. When we walked into the room it was dark and dingy. I immediately started pulling up the covers on the bed to look for bed bugs. If that gives you any idea on what we thought of it. We didn't stay there. We went to another hotel instead. Maybe if I was in college I could do it but at this age I just couldnt do it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KAIS01
Carrollton, Missouri
Reviewed August 10, 2011

After reading reviews from other members, we were a little skeptical, but went ahead with the reservation. We did notice the odor mentioned by other reviewers, but only a couple of times and for a short period of time only. I talked to the maintenence supervisor, who told me it was from the sprinkler system's well. (I think the water in the area has a very high sulpher content, hence the smell.) The room was clean and well appointed, but the beds were not very comfortable. In my party were my husband, two children, and myself, and we found the room a little small for four. The kitchenette only provided service for two, the table only had two chairs and the room only had two double beds, with a tv on the side of one of the beds, so you couldn't see it from the second bed. On the upside, the staff was very friendly and answered any questions cheerfully. The location was fine, but you do have to drive to go to the beach, which is pretty close. Considering that we went to Destin to go to the beach, we spent very little time i t

Room Tip: Calling the hotel directly got me a little better rate than the Internet
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mrs_RSF
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Made reservations, checked in and in less than 5 minutes found that the beds were covered in bedbugs and human fluid stains… Office staff was RUDE! “We aint got no bed bugs”. Well… there are bugs all over the dirty beds that look like bedbugs… call them what you want…. Offered to put us in another room, when we refused they told us they would refund but it might take 30 days… bad service, RUDE PEOPLE, disgusting room! AVOID AT ALL COST.

Room Tip: Staff is rude, rooms are bed bug infested and filthy
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends