“Not Great”

Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Cookeville,Tn
“Not Great”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Price was ok , but carpet in room was in need of shampooing,Not decorated very well ,nothing matched Bedspread didn't match drapes , chairs and sofa matched neither. This did not bother my husband but women hate any thing unmatched.Stairs have not been cleaned in many years which gives a run down dirty appearance to hotel. Breakfast was waffels, cereal and bagel s juice and coffee. Both the night and day desk clerk was very friendly.I give both an A hotel I rate a D.Probably would not stay there again.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
plano, texas
Reviewed June 26, 2010

hotel staff was professional and pleasant; however, nastiest room I have ever stayed in...the carpet was stained and sticky!....room was moldy and depressing....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 7, 2010

After reading some bad reviews, I must admit that I was nervous about our stay. We were in town for a friend's wedding and were traveling on a budget. For as close to the beach as it was, I was very pleased with the price. As much as I would love to rent a house directly on the beach, as a student still in college, that wasn't reasonable. The walkway to the beach is a bit rundown, but it gets the job done. The 3-4 minute walk that is described is about right. Better a rundown walkway than none at all. The walk was worth it because the beach is gorgeous.
The room was about what I expected. A negative was that the carpet was pretty sticky. We walked around the room in our flip flops. I can imagine that all the sand and salt water people drag into the rooms doesn't help things.
The staff was really friendly. Upon checking in, the guy at the front desk (don't remember his name) gave us maps and recommended places around the area. We never had a problem getting extra towels or anything like that.
The ice machine did not work, but they did have a vending machine with soda in it.
If I were traveling on a budget, I would stay again. It's not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but I felt the price was reasonable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Andalusia, Alabama
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Two months before I even left for Destin, Florida...I called the number for this hotel and I spoke with a man named Charlie. Over the phone, Charlie gave me what I would call the best customer service I've received from someone who wasn't even guaranteed that I would be *his* customer. I was looking for prices for a place close to the beach, where I wouldn't have to cross the road to reach it, and not have to drive all the way back to my hotel with sand all in my clothes.
The rate Charlie gave me was lower that was priced on the website. Fifty dollars lower. He was kind enough to tell me the truth, where I might have otherwise thought they were right on the beach, he told me they were a 3 minute walk down a wooden path from the actual water.
After he answered my fifty billion questions (and with an audible smile, I might add), he let me know that if we stay with them, they would be happy to accommodate any kind of special requests that my mom might pop up with (she wanted certain things that I knew would be hard to find. Most hotel people don't give a crap what you want.. they just want to do their job and go home. Also, understandable). Charlie was happy to help with anything and everything he could.
When we arrived we were checked in by a man named Matt, and he was kind as well. It was a great second impression. Anytime we needed anything--towels, directions, even advice on where to eat (by the way... the BEST PIZZA is at Jordano's, about a mile down the road).
The room itself was larger than most standard hotel rooms. We had a couch and an extra table, a microwave, a coffee machine, a mini-fridge, and a blow dryer. The room itself was spotless. The bathroom was very clean. The linens were clean, the beds were clean, the mirrors were clean.
I hope you would expect this anyway, the only negative thing I could really mention was that the floors (having been walked on by wet feet, repeatedly, I'm sure) were pretty matted. Not nasty, not stained.. just matted. You can tell when you feel it. But, I mean, people covered in salt water are going to walk on the carpets!
The view from the window is actually pretty. It's not over the water, as I mentioned, because there are some small places in between, cottages and the like. But it was nice. I will include a picture of what I mean.
The hotel is close to *everything*. There are so many things to do... and it's just so convenient. I payed $100 a night, for 2 nights, and I don't regret my stay there one bit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank The_Superhero_Chick
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed February 24, 2010

The best part about my trip was the service I received from Charlie Little. His customer service was excellent. The room is no frills. It was clean and it had a shower. I wanted to be close to the beach without paying too much. This room was great for that. If you want to hang at the beach all day come back take a shower then go out for dinner or to shop and come back later in the evening relax a little bit and then sleep this is the place for you. It is conveniently located across from the outlet malls and a short walk to the beach. It is a great value.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
BlueDevil33
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I am glad we were not scared away by the negative reviews. We had an overall great stay at the Ramada Limited Destin. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in recommending dining, nightlife and other fun things to do since this was our first time to the area.
The location is great in that they have a walkway to the beach, It only took us 3 minutes to get to the white sand beach. There are some houses in between the hotel building and the beach, but from our private balcony on the 4th floor we could still see some water.
We enjoyed walking down the road to Busters restaurant to get some oysters. Also ,my wife loved the fact that the outlet mall was right across the street. Finally, the Village in Sandestin resort (1 mile away) had many fun night spots and was very upscale.
The rooms are spacious and have everything you need but could use some updating. We did appreciate the extra room to spread out with the couch and desk and balcony.
The continental breakfast was fine and they have a small outdoor pool and hottub. The value is good considering the room size and the beach access. We would come again in the future!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dayton Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We booked 3 nights at this hotel on a Trip back from Texas to South Carolina. We checked in early in the afternoon and went straight to the beach. All went well until we were ready to go to sleep. When we pulled back the sheets we found hair all over them. My wife went down to ask for new sheets and they guy working the desk brought us a queen(we had a king bed) 3 times. I finally went down to the storage room to help him find the correct size. While we were in the storage room he began cussing about not finding the correct sheet and eventually threw the cordless phone against the wall. I left and went back to the room to wait for him. When he came back up with the wrong sheet again he had a tantrum and threw the sheet of the balcony. I checked out the next morning and didnt pay for the first night . It was the worse experience of my life!!I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple