“Great time for 18 year olds.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Great time for 18 year olds.”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

It was my friend's graduation present and we went down there for a week. It was a great time and it was fun to be so close to the beach. The boardwalk is super close to the hotel. The pool and hottub were amazing. They had a warm pool that was heated...it was amazing. I would suggest this hotel for anyone that is visiting the Destin area.

Room Tip: Pick a room with the patio towards the beach. It is great to wake up in the morning and step outside...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank BellevueRes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I'm actually still sitting in the room wishing I could be in the hot tub. Due to some part that is "broken" we can't use the hot tub. The staff (Richard and Jeff) couldn't have been any more incompetent about the ordeal. Richard saw me turn the whirlpool on and said, "there's no use, the heater is off." I asked if he could turn it on and he replied, "nope" and just walked back in the lobby area. My associate that was staying with me has severe muscle issues and was looking forward to the ADVERTISED hot tub on the website. Also, we were promised on the phone while booking that we would have a wonderful view of the ocean. From my 4th floor room, I can only see a fragment of the water between two beachfront houses. So much for that. The next morning my girlfriend addressed the front desk manager (Jeff) about the whole experience. In no way, was he sympathetic. In fact, he seemed disgusted to even be working today. This hotel gives Ramada a bad name and best believe my experience will be shared with anyone who asks how my trip went.

Room Tip: Only way to see the ocean at all from this hotel is to get a room on the 4th floor. And even then...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tyler W
chicago
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip so I did not book this motel. The carpet is not one color, it starts out maroon near the walls and gradually turns black towards the center of the traffic areas. It is sticky and it turns you feet black. I was stayed here and with 6 other coworkers and their rooms were just as bad, including hair on the towels, bugs, and mold. Just stay away from this place!

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cross City, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I read the reviews after I booked my reservation... I was like EEEEK!!! I work at a seperate Wyndham property and was so excited to get out of town for the weekend that I was willing to take a chance. Not to mention that Charlie (Asst. Manager) was AWESOME!! Maybe I have a soft spot for these types of properties because the hotel I work at isn't a Four Seasons or Hilton either. All I can say is that this place was just what I needed. Granted I got a nice rate because of employee discount but I really didn't see many things to find fault with at all. I can't help but address all the problems people were pointing out. The room I stayed in was not smelly, there weren't any holes in anything except a couple in the curtain (that the sun beats in on for like 10 hours out of the day). The bed was comfortable, room very spacious and I loved having a balcony. No you are not beach front but I don't remember reading anything that said this particular location is. Beach side yes, beach front no. I thought the location was very convenient. Close to the mall, the beach and just about any type of food you want is within short driving or walking distance. I didn't have anything to complain about. I did tell Charlie that the toilet ran the last night I was there, but that wasn't a complaint. If I didn't tell him, how would he know to have it fixed!? I am sure that things are more hectic when the season picks up (they always are where I work) and I did stay on a quiet weekend. Just know that you probably don't want to stay here if you are expecting a full service hotel. Those do cost a bit more. But if you need an inexpensive getaway with friendly staff in a great location, this is definitely a good option. I enjoyed it, I will go back :)

Room Tip: Third and Fourth floors have some view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MistyDillon
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The sinks were leaking, there was a bug in the shower. There were things on the floor, holes in the sheets. The towels smelled bad. I could go on. Very dissapointed. Never coming back.

• Stayed November 2010
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the 16th and 17th of July. Our stay was very unpleasant due to the condition of the room. Upon walking in to the room there was an overpowering musty/stale odor. The carpet was dirty and smelled of urine. The bathroom had mold and the toilet did not work. The couch was filthy. There were holes in the bedsheets. Will never return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Felt it was my duty to let people know about this awful hotel, but I see other people have given the warning. Our flight was cancelled and we could not stay at our rented house an extra night. This Ramada was the only place that had a room. I was with my daughter and toddler grandson. The inner lobby should have warned us of what the room would be like. I took one look at the room and decided that there was no way I could let my grandson stay there. EVERYTHING was dirty, and torn. The bedspread and carpet were black with dirt and worn thin as paper. It was 2am, but we went to the lobby and requested a refund . The clerk did not seem surprised by our request. She said that was one of the rooms slated for a remodel, but had not because of the hurricane. That hotel should be torn down, not remodeled.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family