We just returned from a four day, three night stay at the Hilton Sandestin. We traveled with three adults and one small child (16months). Overall, we thought the hotel was great. Due to having a small schild some of the amenities are not reviewable.
The rooms were spacious. Ours contained a king size, pullout bed and bunkneds. If our child were big enough I'm sure the bunkbeds would have been great, she sure enjoyed playing on them. The room was clean and furnished with a microwave small refrigerator and small minibar sink. All came in handy.
There were three pools on the grounds and there were no crowd problems the week we traveled. The sand on the beach was the same beutiful Destin sand I have always loved. The second week of April is warm at best with a breeze that chills when out of the water. Keep this in mind as it makes some water activities dwon right chilly.
The hotel has a lot of variety to offer. The beachside bar and grill was handy. The prices are expensive (11 burger) but no different than any other resort. The grouper sandwich is huge. Be careful when you order a side of fruit instead of fries. The fries come heaping, the fruit consists of four slices of fruit. There is a nice steak restaurant, sushi bar, and a breakfast and sandwich place that also has Starbucks coffee and Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
There appeared to be activites availble for kids 5-10 but I cannot comment on them.
There is a shuttle to the wharf across the street. It is a neat area that is worth seeing. There are numerous boutique shops and resaurants. The restaurants tend to run pricey but there are some less costly options (pizza, Acme Oyster). There is a very large outlet mall 1 mile down the street. If you are looking for a bargain, check it out. The shuttle does not run there.
The golf courses appeared in great shape but I did not have the opportunity to golf on them.
Overall a great time and we would definitely return. Three trips to Destin, this is the best place thus far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers guests beachfront paradise with six restaurants, three bars, three pools, two whirlpools, four championship golf courses and Serenity by the Sea Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Hotel Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Hotel Destin
- Hilton Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort
- Sandestin Resort Hilton
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
- Destin Hilton