We just got back from staying at the Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa. We experieced the luxury of this property for three nights from Dec 1st thru Dec 4, 2005 celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary.
When we arrived the Hotel staff was very helpful with luggage service. Our bellman, Paul was very helpful in getting our luggage transported to our room and helped in securing ice from the ice machine. I recommend using bellman services at this Hotel as there are some distances from lobby to room.
Check in was fast, and we got the room we requested. We requested a beach front room and what we got was a big surprise. An enormous room on the 6th floor of the west tower that had an oversized balcony, and large picture window literally on the ocean front. At high tide you can stand in the middle of the room and view left and right and see nothing but water. Almost appeared as if we were on the bridge of a vessel. Even large window overlooking the surf from the bathroom.
Room had large walk in closet, oversized refrigerator, and wet bar.
The furniture was fine and the bed was incredible. The bed had pillow topping on the mattress and down comforters, fine pillows as well. Very impressive.
The room was spectacular!
Teresa our daily housekeeper, kept things on schedule with timely room upkeep each day. No problems whatsoever.
We ate breakfast each morning at the Sandcastle Restaurant within the Hotel. Great breakfast buffet, and cook to order omelets. Friendly staff. Good setting. No problems whatsoever.
The Spa is world class as my wife spent a half a day there. Modern facility, warm helpful staff.
The Hotel is situated within the San Destin Resort which provides guests a full range of activity options both beach and bay side. Be sure and check out the Baytown Wharf Village situated on the resort. Also note that this Hotel is very close to the Topsail State Beach Preservation Area. Walking east on the beach soon brings you to virgin beach with no development. Very pleasant experience.
I have nothing but good things to say about this property. We are going back for our 11th anniversary.
If your not familiar with the Florida Panhandle or the "Emerald Coast" four words sum it up: white, sand, clear, water. Forget South Florida, if your a true beach goer this is Florida at its finest.
Thank you Chris Green and also to your wonderful hotel staff for making this a most enjoyable visit.
Please see my candid photos and enjoy.
Toliver and Chris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers guests beachfront paradise with six restaurants, three bars, three pools, two whirlpools, four championship golf courses and Serenity by the Sea Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Hotel Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Hotel Destin
- Hilton Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort
- Sandestin Resort Hilton
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
- Destin Hilton