“Wish I could call the Hilton Sandestin home!!!”

Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Destin
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wish I could call the Hilton Sandestin home!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2004

After reading the reviews before this one, I am wondering if I stayed at the same property the rest of these people stayed at. The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa is one of the nicest properties I have ever stayed at. From the second my family and I arrived to the second we left, we had nothing but positive experiences and we have already booked our reservations for our next trip. This property boosts 72 holes of golf on property, is beachfront and has a full service spa in the hotel that my wife visited frequently. One of the best parts of our stay was dining at Seagars which has to cook one of the best steaks in the world. My wife and I even got to sit in what they call the wine room which is completely private and very romantic. The best part about the night is that the hotel offers what they call Kid's Krew and Kid's Night Out which allows the parents to enjoy themselves while the children have a blast doing what they want to do. We had planned to eat as a family the following night, but the kids had such a good time they went back the following night and my wife and I had another romantic evening. The quality of the property and the service I received warrants many more returns. To top it off, the front desk manager heard that is was my wife's birthday, so she got a card and had the whole office sign it and sent it up some roses. WOW!!!! I can't wait to return to the Hilton Sandestin.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Reviewed July 25, 2004

Upon arrival, we did what most people with common sense do... we checked out the room. In the bathroom we found hair in the drain of the tub and also on the floor. Beside the sink were four drinking glasses covered with paper caps which would usually be "clean" glasses. Two of our glasses still had water or some kind of a drink in them.
In the bedroom was an area with a small fridge that had a coffee maker and supplies sitting on top of it. Again, the four cups looked like they were just wiped out with a rag.Out of curiocity, I looked in the coffee pot and was surprised to find it half full of coffee.
Apparently there is not much supervision or accountably of the cleaning crews.
My one night stay was all it took!
Not for a family on a budget.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2004

I was so worried after reading all of the bad reviews but this hotel was awesome! It is a beautiful hotel on a beautiful beach. Our room was huge and clean and had a great view of the beach and pool area. We arrived at noon and were able to check right into our room. I also did not see any conference activities, just families enjoying their vacation. Do not let the bad reviews keep you from going we had a great experience there and am looking forward to going again!

Reviewed June 22, 2004

Last week a friend and I went with her father to this hotel because of an insurance conference being held. I have to say, I have no complaints on the hotel at all. The pools were very nice as well as the beach. As for the reviews I read complaining about the umbrellas being in the way and such, this is nothing new and certainly nothing to complain about. They are there for the guest to use and enjoy. We had two of them infact and were very convenient. We always had fresh towels and a clean room so I have absolutely no complaints. The only advice I would give is to adults with children. If you do not like the idea of a bunch of business men and women dealing with conferences and such, I would suggest asking the hotel if anything of that nature will be going on during your stay. If I had children, I am not sure I would have wanted to stay there during all of that. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel, in fact I am looking to book another room for this hotel in the next few weeks!

Reviewed June 16, 2004

After reading many of the comments posted here, I suppose my expectations were very low. Our room was ready when we got there. It was large, clean and comfortable (we did have a problem one night with the toilet, but it was fixed pronto). The bunk bed idea was great for our two young boys. The only negative was that housekeeping did a poor job cleaning the room and coffee was never provided forcing you to pay ridiculous prices at Picnix. The beach and the water were fabulous. The pools were nice and the spa/workout area even nicer. I thought all in all it was a very nice place to stay. Make no mistake, this isn't the Four Season's or the Ritz, if you're looking for service and pampering, perhaps this isn't the place. But what service there is is friendly and adequate. We all had a great time here. A condo is probably a better value but it was nice to take advantage of poolside service, the arcade for the kids and an indoor pool when you wanted to get out of the sun for a while. We'd stay here again without a doubt.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member