My husband and I were on a business trip and decided to stay at the Hilton instead of the Sandestin Beach resort because the Hilton had recently been renovated. Having said that, to be fair, when we travel on personal trips we usually stay at the next tier of hotels such as the 4 Seasons so my expectations tend to be a little high. The front desk was less than informative when I told the front desk person that I didn't want aaa room looking out at a roof as I had read about such rooms on trip advisor. I was told there was no way they could say what the view was which at best was an indication of stupidity or laziness as every hotel front desk person in any hotel I have stayed in knew the layout of its rooms. There was no valet to greet us at the front entrance and no one asked to help with our luggage. The first thing I saw when entering our room was that the screen on the balcony door was ripped. We called to get it repaired at about 1:30 in the afternoon but when we got back to the room at 5:00 it was still ripped. It was finally fixed later that evening after we called again. Lunch that day in the beachside cafe should have been lovely but wasn't. I ordered a fish taco , something that I had ordered in many restaurants. The fish (grouper) actually looked and tasted like a chicken mcnugget but not as moist. I told the waitress I assume it would be grilled not served as little fried fish nuggets and that I didn't eat fried food. She didn't offer to get me something else or take the price off our bill. The setting on the beach is great but the prices for what is called a beach setup is not. It was $45 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. We asked what it would be if we didn't need the umbrella and were told it would cost even more. Crazy. We were only allowed one towel per person and they protected these towels like they were gold.Down at the beach we asked the waitress for a bottle of cold water and a glass of ice. When she brought it i asked for a table or something to put the things on as I didn't want to hold them in my hands. I was told they didn't have any tables. The waitress was sweet and she said I could make a hole in the sand to hold my glass and bottle. This was getting crazier as for $45 I didn't want to put my things in the sand.Finally I was brought I child's pail to put my things in. Ridiculous!!!
The next morning I went to have breakfast and was asked not once but four separate times if I wanted the buffet. I guess it is easier since everything is ready made. I wanted a latte but they only served regular coffee. Definitely not too upscale. Coffee and an egg/cheese/ham sandwich came to more than $20 and it was a greasy mess. The next morning I gave in and had the buffet which was an improvement and must have been why the staff was pushing it. don't even try to get an iced tea from the hotel's Starbucks as they have no such thing. As a matter of fact, if you don't want a soda for an exorbitant price from the gift shop you will go thirsty. The fitness room didn't have any of the niceties that some hotel's offer such as cold towels. The beds were comfortable with good quality linens and pillows.The hotel was very clean and the rooms were updated but to sum it all up-an average resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers guests beachfront paradise with six restaurants, three bars, three pools, two whirlpools, four championship golf courses and Serenity by the Sea Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Hotel Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Hotel Destin
- Hilton Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort
- Sandestin Resort Hilton
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
- Destin Hilton