“Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa Miramar Beach, Destin, FL”

Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Destin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa Miramar Beach, Destin, FL”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Stay, exellent service, great food, beautiful white sand beach, nice indoor and outdoor pools. Room is clean and very specious.
Stay in paradise at Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Discover the emerald green waters and sugar-white sand of the gulf as you enjoy the amenities of this award-winning Destin hotel. Located in the center of the Florida Panhandle, hotel in Destin, FL features a wealth of resort activities such as golf, tennis, sailing, and watersports. Guests at this Destin resort hotel can stay active or choose a relaxing vacation on the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanya C
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Tanya C,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Please be sure to stay in touch with as we have numerous offers and packages available throughout the season. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

GARY BRIELMAYER I General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for two nights during the off season in February. The room was very nice with a balcony and great view of the ocean. The pool, pool bars, and lunch spots were all closed, as it was not high season. However, we had breakfast every morning at the hotel, which was lovely and reasonably priced for a resort buffet. We also had dinner in the hotel's steakhouse which was great. They have an activities desk where a staff member helps you plan any activities that you desire. Overall, the staff was very friendly. The hotel is located in a great spot, near much of the dining and shopping. My only complaint is that the resort seemed a bit outdated, but it appeared as though they were performing some maintenance and renovations while we were there. We would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank germany87
Dear Germany87,

Thank you for writing such a kind review regarding your past stay with us here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. We understand your time is valuable and appreciate you taking the time to do so.
We have just recently completed a $5 million dollar renovation over the winter and plan on additional improvements over the next winter.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I traveled to the Hilton Sandestin for his birthday along with our kids & cousins. This was our first time there and we were super excited. However I didn't get that "welcoming" feeling from the agent that checked us in, which happened to be a supervisor. As we checked in, there was no conversation as to why we were in town. I did mention that it was my husbands birthday, but there wasn't any enthusiasm from her. I was kind of hoping she would have made it special for him by send him a little birthday card to the room. But i guess not all hotels like to make it more of a personal experience for the guest. Traveling to a resort like this, I would expect her to be overly friendly and welcoming. I did come in contact with one when I needed my keys reactivated. She was an older, yet mature women. Very sweet and kind! As a Gold member, the supervisor didn't go above and beyond to make me feel as if I was a loyal Hilton Honors member. Being that I'm a supervisor at another property, I didn't feel as if she was very friendly. She didn't even engaged in conversation during check in. I believe all agents should carry themselves in a welcoming matter no matter what. You never know who you may be checking in; GM or Personal Shopper, etc. Anyway, my family and I enjoyed our stay. No problems with the rooms. My kids loved the indoor poor. And breakfast was awesome. We will return on day, and hope to be greeted better that the first time.

3 Thank MsTravelingChick
Dear Ms Traveling Chick,

First and foremost I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa for such a special occasion. In addition, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations when we greeted you. I will be sure to share your observations with our Front Office team in order to improve on “Anticipating Our Guest Needs” in the future.
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and the wonderful amenities and services we have to offer here at the Hilton Sandestin.
Once again, thank you for your valuable input and we hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family in the near future.

Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our stay at this Hilton was for the 20th anniversary/renewal vows of our son & his wife. We had been upgraded to a jr. Suite but since it was in another building away from the rest of the family & friends, our daughter-in-law went to bat for us and another couple, we got changed to rooms closer to the rest. Staff was very accommodating. View from our 7th floor room was very nice. But parking was high considering there was plenty of spaces. Their famous restaurant Seagars where the reception was held had excellent food and exceptional service. That was definitely 5 star ranking.

Boston
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Best Trip Ever, don't wait to book just go now! Our guest room was very large, and had two bunk beds upon walk in and a sofa, desk, and chair. We have plenty of room to spread out and be comfortable. We stayed for 5 days, and also used the spa. The Spa was nice, but I have seen better, but for what it was worth, it was a nice place with pleasant staff. I would however encourage the hotel to upgrade or thoroughly clean thier spa facilites. They seemed a bit worn and dirty in the shower areas. The resort itself, is surrounded by a huge golf course and many high rise, villa's and resturants. You can basically stay in SandDestin Resort and never leave, they have everything you need! We are booking our trip back already!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean, you can see the sunset.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Close to everything, beautiful views, GREAT food. I loved the breakfast! Right on a private beach, pool, tiki bar, and lots of places to relax. We spent a week, went deep sea fishing, the hotel will help you find any activity you want to do. I zipped line, my husband was not that daring. I would, strike that, I WILL go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: We were mid way up, 7th floor, we had great views, right over the spa.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brarew
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Found snuff can edge of bed, used coffee pod in coffee machine and medicine dropper edge of bed??? This is not first class!! Staff has been helpful. Room is very nice with view as described.Comfortable room with adequate furnishings.

Room Tip: Book early