Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$114
$152
Sleep Inn(Destin)
$94
SleepInn
Good 3.5/5
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$152
$199
EmbassySuites.com
$170
$143
Residence Inn
Great 4.5/5
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$106
Great 4.5/5
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$127
$189
$169
Hotwire.com
2,774 results
All reviewsbunk bedsjunior suitesushi barbreakfast buffetself parkingpartial viewindoor poolper daybaytowne wharfoff seasonnice resortspring breakbring your ownfamily vacationwhite sandemerald coastocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I just can't understand what all the negativity is about with some of these peoples reviews. We had never been to Destin before and I picked the hotel and since I reserved my room well ahead of time, got the AAA rate. It was a lot less than what they were getting for rooms even a month in advance. Because of all the negative reviews, I was a little apprehensive about what to expect. I was blown away. I walked up to the counter at 3:30 PM when we arrived and was attended to immediately. The fellow at the counter even said, oh I see you are a gold VIP member. I have some extra stuff for you. I got an envelope with a code to get free network connectivity in the room (wireless is free in the lobby). It didn't bother me to use the cable. We also received breakfast coupons, 2 for each day of our stay. The hotel was totally full with some weddings, a couple of business meetings and all of the metro Atlanta area on spring break, most of them were there in the hotel! The bellhop was very personable and I was impressed with the way all the service people were not running around with their hands out expecting a tip like most resorts. We wanted to tip them, but had to chase them down to tip them! We had no poor housekeeping and our room was upgraded from a jr suite part beach view to a deluxe jr suite with a great beach view! I went with my sister and her 15 year old son and his friend. The kids liked the bunk beds and their own TV. The room was definitely updated. It was as good or better than any other Hilton I have stayed at. I preordered a fruit and cheese tray and a bottle of wine for my sister and me and they were in there almost before we got in the room good! Housekeeping took care of all the feather pillows and down duvet immediately. I'm allergic. The weather was perfect for most of the time we were there. Tuesday and Wednesday were very nice. The wind was a little hellish on Thursday, Friday was the perfect beach day and Saturday was rainy and cool. We left on Sunday but it was another beautiful day, but a little cooler than it had been. We watched a wedding on the beach on Saturday night from our balcony. I expected the high food and beverage prices, so I was not shocked by them. They actually seemed about normal for a resort. Orlando was worse! There is a Publix really close and we bought the boys a lot of snack food and we made baked potatoes in the microwave. Publix fried chicken is AWESOME. We ate at Poppy's Seafood at Baytown Wharf. The food was very good. I was upset that the waitress poured bottled water into our water glasses without telling us they were going to charge $6 for it! I ordered Lobster Ravioli and it was so good. The Pina Colada was not very good. My whole stay was EXCELLENT! I was not disappointed in ANYTHING. I found everyone I encountered on the hotel staff very friendly and willing to do anything to make my stay more pleasant. This is one of the best spring break vacations I have ever had. Oh yeah and if you are on a budget do NOT go to Seagars. There is nothing inexpensive in there, but the food is GREAT! I can't believe the resort shuttle service charges $10 per person to take you to the outlet mall. It's only 2 miles! We drove there ourselves. It was fun because there are so many shops. If you are hanging around the Hilton pool or barefoots beach deck try the Key Lime cocktail, man that is a great drink! We had a waitress named Rianda and she was great. She helped us both at the pool and at the barefoots deck. I so wish I was still there, they are calling for snow flurries here in Atlanta tonight!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank briehl
Reviewed April 9, 2008

This is a wonderful resort and spa hotel. Even during spring break the beach was relatively uncrowded. There are a lot of families with young children staying here, and the teens seemed well-behaved (unlike PCB!!). Beach bar and resort food was good. The spa is very relaxing as well. Great choice for a beach-front resort.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Atlantatravelgirl3
Reviewed April 9, 2008

It was a very fancy place and I could go on and on about how wonderful each area was, but I won't since the point of my review is that it wasn't worth the high price I paid. I had looked online for the fanciest hotel I could find so that my family would have the best experience possible. I thought I had found it at this place. I paid $403 per night and expected a nice room. I was a bit concerned that their web site had almost no room photos. Well we got a big surprise, a fairly worn out below average room. We were very disapointed that it felt like we had a motel 6 room in a seedy part of town. My wife still won't let me forget that I wasted so much money on that place. ugh!

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled with family
2  Thank SATexasRay
Reviewed April 7, 2008

This a very beautiful property... My husband, 15 year-old son, and I flew into Pensacola (great fares with Air Tran) for a 4-day Springbreak holiday. The Hilton folks were wonderful and even upgraded our room to one that had a little alcove with bunk beds (and a separate TV) that my son enjoyed. We had a beautiful King bed with a lovely linens. Lots of room and easy computer access. The beach is long and beautiful, but the weather was more windy and cool than we would have liked. Thankfully the sun came out! There were folks on the beach, but the chaise loungers at the pool were actually nicer to use due to the wind-protection on the deck (and were free!) My husband loved the Raven golf course and I loved the hotel spa (which was nicer than I'd expected)! We had a car but there's a free shuttle that can take you throughout the massive Sandestin resort with tons of restaurant offerings and lots of shopping (including outlets). Just a short drive away we happened upon a new shopping/restaurant complex and had a fabulous meal at Flemings (they have great-priced specials each night and an outstanding wine list!) The hotel was full -- with lots and lots of kids (both little and college aged) -- but we still got good service and enjoyed ourselves!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank S B
Reviewed April 7, 2008

I stayed at the Sandestin Hilton with my husband and two children for four nights during the first week in April. As with any beach vacation, the weather has a lot of impact. I'd say the weather was "okay" but one is safer to go further south in Florida at this time of year. However, the Hilton offered great rates and we were interested in seeing this area for the first time.

The Sandestin community is very beautiful and upscale. It seemed to attract a very family oriented and safe crowd. We enjoyed our visits to the Village at Baytown Wharf.

The Hilton has a prime location right on the beach. We only paid for a "partial ocean view" so our view was on the east side of the building, primarily looking at the pink condo building next door, but we were on the 6th floor and could see parts of the beach also. No problems with check-in and the bellhops were attentive and personable.

The beach, grounds, and pools were very attractive. The gulf was warm enough for our kids to play in. It was also nice having an indoor pool when the weather was iffy, although it is fairly small and noisy.

We had one of the kid rooms with the bunk beds. It was not "deluxe" (updated) although it seemed some things had indeed been updated. The bedding looked to be the same as the udpated, the bathrooms are the same and we had a flat screen tv. The bunkbeds were still the old style and they didn't have the extra TV in that area. The room is very spacious although in some ways it seemed to be some wasted space. The lone TV was really set up to be watched from the king bed, and it seemed all of us ended up congregating there rather than using the couch. Another negative is the bunk beds are right near the door to the room, so the kids hear all the hallway noise.

I agree with some previous posters that the biggest issues seem to be with housekeeping. We did receive service each day, but once it wasn't until about 4pm and we'd been out of the room since 10. They didn't consistently resupply soap, etc., but it was easy to get. What bothers me most is when garbage and dirty plates are left in the hall, and there were some near our room (not from us) for nearly 24 hours. I also felt they needed more service around the beach and pool picking up garbage. Also, as others have commented, they tend to run out of pool towels (to be restocked in 30 minutes, etc.) which seems unacceptable at a beach resort.

We had breakfast once at the buffet. It was very good, but they could have used more people restocking. We also had lunch once at the little cafe, and it was very good but expensive.

We certainly felt we got a good deal for the rates we paid and would go back.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family