Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa
$178
$269
$269
$249
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$215
SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel(Destin)(Great Value!)
$239
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$204
$184
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$189
$161
CandlewoodSuites
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$256
$229
Fairfield Inn
$179
$174
$300
Travelocity
2,798 results
All reviewsbunk bedsjunior suitesushi barbreakfast buffetself parkingpartial viewindoor poolper daybaytowne wharfoff seasonnice resortspring breakbring your ownfamily vacationwhite sandemerald coastocean front
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed for couple of nights during our Christmas break. Tucked in Sandestin resort the location of the hotel is really safe and nice. Since it was the off season, it kind of felt that we had the entire hotel for ourself. We had the gulf view room and it was really nice and highly recommended if staying here. The indoor pool area and outdoor whirlpool were really nice. There are lot of nice restaurants, bars and lounges in the Destin area. Really enjoyed our stay and already thinking of going back again next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cowboy78249
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Cowboy 78249,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your positive experience with us at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. I will curtainly share your positive comments with our staff.

Please feel free to contact us once you have decided to return to the area. We offer numerous packages and specials throughout the season.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great location, right on beach.....BUT do NOT stay here if you expect a nice, relaxing vacation. Service is bad. First, you have to pay for wifi (many Hilton's provide this for free). No breakfast is included and it's expensive-$17! We arrived late and, even though it's IN THE BOOK there is no late night room service. The two places front desk said to call for delivery were closed. My husband had to go, get the car, and ask the valet were to go. Fortunately, the valet was able to recommend a couple of late night places. To management-if you don't actually provide a service, don't put it in the guest services book! Then, we needed some laundry done. We needed two bags and called housekeeping to bring them up, well they don't do that so we had to go get them ourselves. Fine, we go get them ourselves, fill out the forms and get everything set up. Yes, the prices are expensive but that is normal for having your clothing done by the hotel. We call for housekeeping to pick up the laundry and are informed that they don't do regular laundry, only dry cleaning. This is despite there being a place on their form to fill out for regular laundry! They do have a laundry room in the basement. Fine, so the next day we go down to the basement to do laundry. No change machine. There is a sign saying to get change from the front desk. Front desk has no change. A nice young man working for the restaurant runs about and finds us some change. Go back down to the laundry room. Put change into laundry soap machine. Machine jams and eats money. Go to front desk, they call for custodian to fix soap machine. It's now been two hours spent running around trying to do our own laundry. Finally, clothing in washers everything is going. Put stuff in dryer. 45 minutes later STILL damp! Running all loads a second time in dryers!

Don't exspect free bottled water (standard in many Florida hotels), one small bottle will cost you 3.95!

I will say the people who work here are nice. The lack of late nigh room service, laundry service, three of the five restaurants being closed, and charging crazy high prices for wifi, food, and water are all managements call. I can understand the three restaurants being closed- they are being remodeled and it's their off season. They high prices for food and water are annoying but, unfortunately, not totally unexpected. But the lack of services listed in their own guest services book is horrible.

We are loyal Hilton club members but we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Shalune
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Shalune,

We would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please know that your comments have been shared with our team and we certainly intend to improve upon the areas you have mentioned. Please allow us to genuinely apologize for the difficulties you experienced throughout your stay. We strive to provide the highest standard of prompt and friendly guest service at the Hilton Sandestin Beach, and we sincerely hope you will return to allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Gary Brielmayer,

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I am a loyal Hilton customer. That and the location was enough for us to book our stay here.

Imagine my surprise when I found out how problematic the service was.

I understand its off season.

Notify your customers that many of your services are not available.

Restaurants are closed for the season.

Late night room service is not available(annoying for those of us who arrive late and would like something more substantial than bar nuts)

There is no laundry service aside from dry cleaning and I have to bring the laundry to the bell station myself.

If we need extra laundry bags, we need to go down to the front desk to get them.

Our vanity area sink stopped up. The plunger thing is stuck in the down position. We were told to not use the sink since the bathroom sink still works. They will have the engineers look at it when we check out.

What did that $5 million renovation go for? Not to fix up the rooms.

Granted... The individual workers we've interacted with have been exemplary. Nice to a fault. Polite. Helpful within the limits of their responsibilities.

Granted... The majority of the Hilton's I stay at are the Garden Inns with a different business model.

Still... I find it hard to not compare the two. The Garden Inns are less expensive with nicer rooms. Nicer bathrooms. Same breakfast options for less money. Complimentary wifi. If there's a problem with the room, they move you or fix it fast. The people working here and at the Garden Inns are all nice and pleasant to interact with.

Finally...

I just have to say that most people who come here to spend a few days in the off season to see what it's like and decide if they should come back in the high season to spend 5x as much are likely to not come back.

Fabulous location only counts for so much. There are tons of white sand beaches with warm Caribbean waters and hotels that have better service.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Graygan,

Please allow me to apologize for the lack luster experience you encountered during your stay with us at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. I would prefer to discuss this further via phone.

Feel free to contact me at your convenience 850-267-9500

Reviewed December 21, 2012

First - the location is really great. White beaches as far as you can see. It seemed to be totally off-season in December (which I did not expect),so we had that beaches for us alone.
The hotel is located on a private beach. It is a huge complex, but everything is somewhat run down: the elevators, the rooms, especially the bathrooms, the sun-beds... We stayed in a junior suite, which was quite big with a much too small bathroom, provided with a bath-tub (no separate shower). I was very irritated, finding an additional bunk-bed in the entrance. We booked a double room and did not want any extra beds. I don't liked that. There is a lot of renovation on some floors and in the pool-bar. I wished, they let us known that before, because the noise of the machinery was sometimes disturbing.
After all, I was not so much impressed of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dini646
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Dini646 Krefeld,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your past stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to respond to those comments.

Over the past decade the beaches of Northwest Florida have been rated as one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world. Though I personally believe October through the end of February is the best time to enjoy the pristine coastline it is considered our slower season, specifically December through February. The weather is cooler but the serenity from lesser crowds is bar none. This is also the complete opposite of the rest of Florida’s peak season of October through April.

Over the past 28 years the Hilton Sandestin Beach has been known to be the premier destination full service resort in the Florida Panhandle.

We have recognized the importance of updating our property in order to continue being the leading resort in our area. This being said, we are just completing a $5 million dollar renovation; like we have for the past two winters. Plans are currently being made for additional renovation next year in order to provide our guest with the most luxurious and modern amenities available in our area. Stay tuned for additional announcements.

I hope that you would consider visiting us again in the near future in order to show you the capital improvements that have been made for the benefit of our loyal guest. If you experience anything that does not meet your expectations please allow us the opportunity to “Make it Right” and do not wait until your departure. For example; we do have various room types that do not have bunk beds and larger bathrooms.

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

While searching for locations for our wedding we came across Hilton San Destin. Caroline was very helpful showing us several options for a beach wedding. You can't go wrong if you want your wedding on the beach. This was our initial request when we started planning our wedding, however upon walking in the wonderful, soft, white and sparkly sand we chose not to have a beach wedding. We started to think of our elderly guest having to walk or being wheeled on the sand. Honestly if it weren't for that we would have booked this location.

• Stayed: February 2012