“Sandestin Beach” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bradenton, Florida
“Sandestin Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel is pretty great! My whole family went and we all could stay in one room which saved us a lot of money. So that was really nice. The beach was really wonderful and there are two pools which makes them less crowded than other hotels. The pools were always really clean too. We ate outside at the restaurant many times and the food was really good but not cheap. Then again you pay for the convenience, great service, and good food. The concierge was really nice and sent us to this great seafood place called Goatfeathers. We went to Goatfeathers many times because the food and atmosphere was wonderful and the prices were incredibly reasonable for everything you got. I can't say enough good things about that restaurant and their food!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel / resort is pretty wonderful. The food is fantastic -- even for large group buffets. However, in the meeting rooms there was lipstick on the coffee cups .. but the managers were wonderful and helpful. The front desk took forever... but once you were being waited on they could not have been nicer. Jessica, a manager at Sandcastles buffet in the resort was AMAZING when she helped us with the fish we had caught deep sea fishing. Could not have been nicer or more professional. She should be cloned! The physical plant ( rooms/lobby/pools/shops, etc) was in great shape. Rooms very quiet. It was a good time!

Room Tip: Third floor or higher will be a great ocean view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank vtgirl662
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The white sand beach is one of the nicest I've every seen. Getting there is difficult and nothing is really close by if you want to go off the resort. Everything was at least 15 minute cab ride or more to go out to dinner, shopping etc.

If your a drinker BYOB. Alcohol isn't sold in the gift shop and the closest liquor store is miles away. Don't forget the sun tan lotion unless you mind spending $15.00 in the gift shop.

The steak house in the Hilton was great, but very $$$$. Paid $135.00 a night off season (convention pricing)

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a direct ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Centre, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sandestin Hilton for a Steelworkers conference with 4 of my co-workers. We rented 3 separate rooms. From what I saw of all three rooms, they seemed to be very nice, well equipped and fairly clean.
The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious. Layout of the rooms was very nice also.

What I do want people to be aware of before they stay here is this: If you have anything of any value (that a thief could steal, resell and make a few bucks), either do not plan to take it with you on vacation or take it with you everywhere you go if you book rooms here. I had an iPod stolen from me and although I reported it to the housekeeping staff and then security, the insurance company for the hotel (Liberty National) would not re-imburse me for the iPod because they said there were safes in the room to put valuables in. They did some research and discovered that other than our key cards being used to open the door to our room, there was only one other time that anyone went in (and that was with a key rather than a card) at 1:44 pm. My co-worker and I put our purses, wallets, jewelry and some things we had brought for the conference into the safe but I failed to put my iPod in there because it was a tiny safe and very full. Thank goodness I took my iPad with me everywhere I went while I was down there. I have stayed at much less expensive places and never had a problem w/ housekeeping or anyone else taking things from me. I really didn't expect to ever be reimbursed for my iPod, or see it again, but I did expect the hotel to be a little more concerned about a possible thief on the staff. The first security officer I spoke to kept talking over me and wouldn't give a chance to answer his first question before he was asking another. As a result, he didn't get my information down correctly, misunderstood the time window the iPod was taken from my room and had to get another report done. If I have a choice, I will not be staying at this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Do not leave any valuables laying in your room!! The hotel staff is not to be trusted.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nicki H
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just returned from a girls weekend in Destin...This hotel was very nice and I was pleasatly suprised! We had driven a long 14 hours and the front desk upgade us to a beachfront room which was great...the only reason I didn't give a five star is the stains on the curtain liner on the double doors leading out to the balcony...We asked housekeeping to replace and they said sure - well, they weren't replaced...the balcony is large and the room was large...The bathroom had one sink in it and another sink outside the bathroom which was great for 3 girls getting ready. The pool are was great with awesome ocean views...ate at Barefoots (the pool restuarant) and had good service...the chicken wrap was deliciuos! The hotel is only 1 mile away from the outlet mall with a faboulus Coach Store and 2 miles across from the Baytowne Wharf with lots of resturants, shops and bars...Ate at Rum Rummers at the wharf - good food and a dueling piano bar. Recommend the restaurant - Louisiana Lagniaape about 10 miles away - very top notch on the harbour! Would stay here again...just wish the curtain liner would have been replaced as several stains were on it....overall, a good stay!

Room Tip: try to get an end room facing the pool/ocean
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank LovetotravelSt.Louis
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear LovetotravelSt.Louis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your past experience with us here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf & Spa Resort. While I was pleased to hear your compliments regarding your experience and how much you enjoyed our amenities and lovely beaches I am taken back that we did not fulfill your request to replace the drapes.

If it is not an inconvenience please feel free to contact me personally as I would like to hear more details regarding the matter in order to correct our shortcomings.

Once again, thank you for you comments

GARY BRIELMAYER I General Manager

HILTON SANDESTIN BEACH GOLF RESORT & SPA
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have to be honest, I had never even heard of Destin Florida. We went for a business seminar and really enjoyed ourselves. The hotel and staff were all great. Danny greeted us and checked us in, very nice and he gave us a great room.
We had meals at the outside beach restaurant several times and liked it. There were alot of fried items on the menu, which is good and bad. The fish tacos were very good. The shrimp were ok. The service was always good at the bar/restaurant.
The room was clean and the bathroom was clean (don't forget to tip the cleaning staff). Toilet paper was bad. The bed was great. Slept wonderful.
The banquet food was ok, I'm rarely ever thrilled with banquet food. The staff did great keeping everything filled and they were friendly.
We were all confused on the early closing for the bars in hotel. Especially on a Friday/Saturday they were closed before midnight.
The beach was awesome. I have never felt such soft sand. I wish I would have been here on vacation so I could enjoy the beach more. This beach was perfect.
I will recommend this hotel and will hopefully go back for some R&R.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I went to the Destin area for the first time and stayed at the Hilton. We got a king bed beachview room. Our room #538 was located in the Spa Tower. The term beachview is somewhat misleading. It was actually a pool view with the beach behind it. Our room was located right next to the elevator and the vending machine/ice machine area. It was noisy. When we called the front desk with our concerns they offered to move us to the Emerald Tower the next day. After unpacking we decided not to move, seemed like more of a hassle to move and re-pack. The room itself was nice and spacious. The bed was surprisingly pretty comfortable but the pillows were terrible. Breakfast was included with our stay. It was a buffet and nothing really special. The first morning we had breakfast everything was cold but the second time we tried it was better. The beach chairs are expensive but worth it. $42.80 for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella from 11-5. You just have to claim your chairs by 11:00, they don't hold the reservations after that. The nice steakhouse in the hotel had some strange hours and were not open every evening. We did not have the opportunity to dine there. We liked the location of the hotel. Be sure to check out Baytown Wharf right across the street - super cute little village of restaurants and shops!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple