“Just what I needed!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Avondale Estates, Georgia
“Just what I needed!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After reading mixed reviews, I was a little concerned about what I'd find, but I was THRILLED. I arrived right at 4:00 PM after driving from Atlanta and of course didn't realize until the next DAY that Destin is an hour behind Atlanta. I wish I'd written down the name of the lovely lady at the front desk - she greeted me like I was a returning relative and set the tone for my stay.

I was given a lovely room (with an upgrade option to the 12th floor almost on the very end/corner which of COURSE I took!) The room was spacious and nicely appointed. It was set up for a family with cute little bunks in the entry way, but since it was just me, I didn't need them.

I enjoyed a lovely shrimp salad in the outdoor restaurant and had excellent service. Not too fast, not too slow.

Since I was only there overnight I didn't get to enjoy the spa or other amenities, but everything looked wonderful. I enjoyed my visit completely and got just what I wanted. A nice place to sleep with a relaxing view of the ocean and the sunset. The location was perfect for a quick trip to the Silver Sands Outlet before my next stop - Panama City.

Yes, I will definitely return to the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa when I can stay longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My aunt and I stay here with her family every year for an insurance conference. This place has a wonderful spa and great restaurants. The rooms are well maintained and very clean and spacious. Overall, highly recommend staying here, just be willing to spend a nice chunk of change because parking costs extra, and everything in the Hilton from the gift shop to room service is expensive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel was fabulous. Everything you need is @ the hotel, pool, beautiful beach, great food, great spa for men and women, beautiful spacious rooms, pool food (grab and run) everything. Then across hwy 98 are great shops, food, bars and a lot of fun for all. The staff @ the Hilton is top notch, very helpful.

Room Tip: If you want to really see the gulf ask for a room with view of the pool. We were on the left side a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1tigerfan
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the week after labor day and really enjoyed ourselves! Location was perfect, right on the beach and there are two pools. Room was clean, we had a king bed with partial ocean view. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we extended our stay for two more days. The tram is convenient to ride across the road to the Baytowne Wharf (went there several times to eat and sight see). We will definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie A
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Spent Labor Day week at the resort. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful, starting at the front desk when our room was upgraded. Plenty of chairs around the pools and a beautiful beach. We are Hilton Honors so have the advantages of free Internet and complimentary breakfast, which exceeded our expectations. Excellent fitness center and the Senerity Spa is well worth a visit. Best part was the amazing sushi at the Sushi Bar.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cyn K
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed a couple of night at the Hilton in Sandestin. This was a great place to stay with great ammenities. We stay in a room with a King Size bed, Oceanfront. The staff was very friendly. The room was very large and plenty of space. This is a first class place to stay. The only disappointment which had nothing to do with Hilton, the water from the Gulf was very merky and not the clear, emerald Destin is know for. Hurricane Isaac came through the week before which could have been a factor. As for the hotel, I would definitely recommend it and look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: If you like Starbuck's, they had one at the hotel. Drinks at the outdoor bar were a bit pricie...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rryman63
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recently spent 4 nights at the Hilton SanDestin for a business meeting. Had a huge room on the 13th floor with a beautiful gulf view. The room had two queen beds, two bunk beds and a full couch and chairs. Room felt a bit damp, but it is on the Gulf so not unexpected. The conference rooms were absolutely freezing. Beach was beautiful. Got to spend one afternoon under a rented umbrella and chairs ($26 after 1 pm + tax and tip). Conference food was for the most part very uninspired and repetitive. Building is a bit beat up - a lot of broken tiles, scratched up walls, etc. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Terrible cell phone service in many parts of the hotel and internet service was a bit sketchy at times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business