We have been staying here for the past twelve years and the front desk staff are not overly friendly and are downright rude at times. Only when we stayed here in 2010 were they nice and that was because nobody came because of the oil spill. That year the Hilton provided free ice cream by the pool, free popcorn, free water slide on the beach for the kids, this year the waterslide cost $14.00 per child, $4.00 for popcorn or ice cream. The front desk told me check in time was 4pm, which I knew and I waited until about 2:30 pm to see if they had any rooms ready yet, people were already checking in by that time. Upon check-in, even though I had booked a Deluxe Jr Ste, I was told none was available and I had just booked a room to be chosen at check-in. I did finally get my suite the next day. I had forgot my confirmed reservation so I couldn't show my proof, but when I got back home-there it was-a confirmation for a deluxe junior suite! Another family I know checked in at about 10:30 pm that same night and what do you know-a Deluxe Junior Suite was available! The next day when I went to change to my suite at 9am there was a couple next to me checking in to the hotel at 9am not 4pm-the strictly enforced time of the day before! In other words, the front desk personnel are selective in who gets in and at what time.
The room was not that great, just average and I had to request extra towels and washcloths every day. One day the maids only left one washcloth for five people and when I asked a maid in the foyer for extra ones she would not give them to me because I had already called the front desk with my request. I had only asked her because it had been over thirty minutes and we had still not received them. For the entire week, we were never brought clean glasses for our room. The only thing I know the maids did was change the beds, I'm not sure they ever cleaned the bathrooms. I will say in the past years I have received better maid service. The sound on the TV in the childrens area didn't work on certain channels, but they did fix this. The trash can in the foyer by the elevators was full and wasn't emptied for 2 days.
This hotel is very expensive and their customer service is terrible. They act like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay there. I will say the fireworks show and food on the 4th was excellent. This hotel is in a beautiful setting but their looks are deceiving. Only average rooms with poor service and management certainly could care less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers guests beachfront paradise with six restaurants, three bars, three pools, two whirlpools, four championship golf courses and Serenity by the Sea Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelPower and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Hotel Destin
- Hilton Hotel Destin
- Hilton Destin
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort
- Sandestin Resort Hilton
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
- Destin Hilton