“Best Vaue in Destin” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Best Vaue in Destin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is the best value in Destin period. As with all Embassy Suites, made to order breakfasts and Managers reception for drinks which makes for a great deal compared to other hotels. Here, you are directly across the street from the beach. As you are a ways away from the more touristy part of Destin, the beaches are a little less crowded. Also, Sandestin is just down the road. Not really sure where the customer service knocks come from as we have had nothing but great service from everyone. Been here before this visit and we will be back.

1 Thank TomnDar
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind remarks regarding your stay with us. We get great pleasure in knowing our guests love our hotel as much as we do. We look forward to your return visit. Please let me know if I may be of assistance with a future reservation. Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Typical beach hotel...nothing to write home about. The beds were hard as a rock...the most important aspect of any hotel is bed comfort...these were terrible. They need to fix the hot tub (jets don't work and lukewarm at best)

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

IN a recent stay the check-in process was a nightmare. Due to a physical condition, I need a room with a shower not a bathtub. My reservations were made for a king suite that was handicap accessible with a roll-in shower. Upon check-in I unpacked and then went into the bathroom to find that there was a tub in the room. I went to the front desk and logged a complaint and asked for the appropriate type of room. I was told that there were no roll-in showers available even thought my confirmed reservation was for one. The manager on duty promised me a upgrade to a newly renovated room with a shower. I accepted and moved all my belongings into the new room. Only to find that that room also had a tub. When I went back down to the front desk to speak with the manager she stated that they must have just changed that room from a shower to a tub. I was then assigned another room and moved my belongings again to find that this room had a shower but with a fixed shower head not a hand held shower head. I explained that I am unable to stand with showering and need to sit on a stool. It is very difficult to move and adjust your entire body to properly shower with a fixed shower head while sitting on a stool. She then told me that there were no hand held shower rooms available. However she did offer to move me back into the room that they had originally placed me in. I stated that I had been a Hilton Honor member for the past 15 or 16 years and a Diamond member for most of those years and in the past if a specific room was not available on the specific days requested the system had not let me reserve that type of room. So why was it that this time their reservation system had let me reserve a room that was not available. She stated that she guessed they had had someone check into that room after my reservations were made. Why would you have a reservation system that allowed you to reserve rooms that you would later not be willing to make available? I must state that later that evening another desk clerk handed me a $25.00 gift certificate for the on property restaurant and the following day I was offered the type of room I had requested. The check-in took over an hour and was one of the most frustrating experiences I have had in a very long time. If I had not bee on business with a group of other people, I would have walked out and found another hotel for the stay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michael B
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor, other than the check in experience, I do hope that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the room issues, as we did our best to accommodate you on a Sold Out evening. Please feel free to contact me directly prior to your future arrival and I will make sure that we have all of your needs met. When choosing a handicap room, we have several, so please check the one with the roll in shower. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

When we checked into our hotel after a 13hrs drive rudeness was the last thing I wanted to encounter. When we checked in Mona was very professional and she told us that the room we paid for (water view was not available). While explaining what happened Mark rudely interrupted her and escalated the issue. Not only was Mark unprofessional he also wasn't wearing a identification badge and when I asked his name he didn't want to tell me. I will never stay at this hotel again because of poor customer service.

4 Thank Ty718
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I understand that you were disappointed that we did not have a 2 Queen Bed suite on the front of our building with a view. We do our best to accommodate our guests with the resources we have available at check in. Marc is one of my best front desk employees and I believe he was just coming in when he tried to assist. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I do hope that you will try to visit us again so that we may show you how dedicated our staff is in providing Excellent Customer Service. Kind Regards.
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, just getting a paint job and freshening up. Made to order breakfast and afternoon reception included in price. Very quick walk to a very quiet beach. The only down side is that it is not in walk

1 Thank lauramOhio
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel and staff to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for an extended weekend. Overall was a very nice hotel.
The only issue I really had was they failed to change the beach warning flags. They were on 'yellow' the entire visit no matter calm or rough seas. Learned there is an app for beach warnings and our 'yellow' was really a 'red' day. Use your brain and smartphone as they don't change flags.

3 Thank Tstefani
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I apologize for the "flag" issues. We abide by the Walton County Beach service and post our flags accordingly. With the weather changing so much lately, it is possible that the flags changed throughout the day. I appreciate you pointing this out to us, I will make sure that my staff stays on top of this, especially during rainy, windy days. We look forward to your return visit.
Arab, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Walking distance to Outlet Malls, beach across the street. Great restaurants in walking range. All around great location. Breakfast and evening open bar a bonus. Ocean and beach are beautiful. The perfect location for business or family adventures. Will come again because the staff was especially helpful - we called for an early check-in and they accomodated us...thanks for the renovation of the rooms - very first rate

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family