“Great for business travel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach

Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Tucson, Arizona
“Great for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just stayed at this property - off of the main highway, across the street from the beach - not in the mainstream tourist row. I appreciated this as I had to work and enjoy sitting in the common areas instead of my room. Most of the others guests looked either local or on business.

Really comfortable beds and huge rooms - refrigerator, microwave, bar sink in front room, vanity sink in bedroom, which was nice to have while getting ready in the morning. Full bathroom - this room was probably bigger than my first studio apartment, but it's been awhile since I stayed at Embassy Suites, so I may just have forgotten why the second word in their name is Suites. Breakfast (was included in the room rate) was buffet style with made to order omelets - the selections and varieties were generous compared to other properties I've visited. Everything was tasty and seemed fresh.

The comfortable lounge/bar was perfect for relaxing after a long day - very nicely updated. Plenty of seating configurations, so I would expect to still have a nice corner to myself even when the hotel is mostly booked. I don't think I would select this hotel for R & R as I prefer to stay directly on the beach, but I would definitely rebook if I'm in the area for business again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rhonda A
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your business trip to our area on Trip Advisor. Please keep in touch with us so that we can let you know when we will be renovating the hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my husband and daughter Oct.11-13, 2013. The lobby and restaurant are nice. The rooms are dated and a bit worn. The pool area looked pretty bad. The upcoming renovations are needed. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Location was just what we needed. We prefer the low key area away from the busy part of Destin. The walk to the beach was short and the proximity to the outlet mall was great. We would return after renovations are completed.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Pmoffatt
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are all very excited about our renovation next year and can't wait to share with you and your family. If you need assistance with a future reservation, please contact me directly. Have a great day!
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is our third time visiting this Embassy Suites. We are always delighted with every visit. We had a room that faced the Gulf, so we had a nice view. The made-to-order breakfasts are spectacular. The manager receptions in the evenings were great. The room was very comfortable and spacious. There is a very short walk to the beach. Even though the hurricane came through the area, every day was wonderful.

We understand the hotel will undergo major renovations early in 2014, so we are expecting to enjoy the updates on our next visit. Hope the atrium area will still be a pleasant place to drink a bottle of wine and beat my husband in cards. :) Yes, we will return!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor your experience at our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. We are also very excited about the renovation of our hotel and can't wait to share with you and your company. If you should need any assistance with a future reservation, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Kind Regards.
Louisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had an wonderful experience at this hotel. Staff was friendly, helpful and pleasant. Room was comfortable and clean. The surroundings were lovely. We had an delicious gourmet dinner in the restaurant that was very reasonably priced. The Calypso Cafe is a hidden gem! Manager's reception is a nice touch. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Martha E
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our property and your recent visit. I agree, the Calypso Cafe is a hidden gem and they have awesome food. I look forward to your next visit and stay tuned for our major upgrade we have in plan for 2014. Have a great week.
Oxford, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is nice but I'm not sure if it is worth too high of a price definitely not $400 worth for 2 nights. Bring your own pillow if you prefer a firmer one because their's are way too soft. The property is across a busy street from the beach. Overall, its a nice hotel and the staff are very friendly. The rooms are nice (though the furniture and carpet needs to be updated).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. I checked your reservation and did see that you had 3 adults which brought the rate up a little more. I do hope that you all had a wonderful time and look forward to your return visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is pretty clean and well kept for being in this oft visited area. Like, Spring Break people. I've stayed in others which greatly showed the wear and tear. The room was good size, very clean. Yes, the water pressure was a bit challenging as was the draining of the water. Otherwise, it was a good stay. Did not take advantage of restaurant, but all looked good.
Only gave it a "4" because it is old, but it's ok and good price and quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mpontheroad
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are in the process of a major renovation, which will be awesome. I am not sure what else we can do to make our hotel the best! Close to the beach, full service resturant, complimentary evening reception, breakfast and a great staff We look forward to your next visit so that we may share this with you and your family.
Jacksonville,NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed at this location for a number of times now, and each time my experience is very great. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. I was extremely satisfied with my overall experience and look forward to my next visit to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We love our returning guests, our Embassy family. Thanks for the remarks on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon and if we can be of assistance, please contact the hotel directly.