“Excellent accomodations.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Excellent price. Excellent locations to beaches, shopping, golfing, and other attractions. We really enjoyed staying at the Embassy, and plan to make this one of our favorite Hilton lodging locations in the Destin-Miramar Beach area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

We are so happy that you loved our hotel like we do! We certainly have a great location here and look forward to your next vist. Have a great week!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This appears to be a very nice property in general. Both lamps in our sitting area had damaged shades, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt about that as we happened to be there during a peak Spring Break week. Maybe they'd been damaged by the last guest? My biggest complaint is that both of the only public entrances to the building are at one end of the property. As the footprint is pretty large, this can be annoying. We arrived back late one night in a rainstorm and circled several times seeking for another entrance, as the only parking was in the back -- maximally distant from the entrances. Perhaps we missed one, but if so, then it was extremely poorly marked or lit. It was very quiet in the bedroom, despite the storm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Congenuity
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you so much for responding to our survey regarding your recent stay with us. We value your loyalty to our brand and look forward to sharing the many upgrades that we have in the design stages of our lovely hotel. Spring Break was challenging for our entire area. I have forwarded your comments to the Housekeeping Manager. We look forward to your return visit and if I can be of assistance with anything please contact me directly. Have a great day.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

It's affordable for a beach hotel. It has all the Embassy Suites perks - excellent free breakfast, free cocktail hour and comfy beds, however, it's a bit outdated. The beach access and parking is good. I planned a spur of the moment beach trip and having never been to Destin chose the Embassy because I knew what I would be getting. They didn't disappoint.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay. Stay tuned for more to come from Embassy Suites Destin- Miramar Beach. We have plans for a complete renovation in the Winter and we can't wait! We look forward to your next visit. If I can assist, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Melinda Green, Guest Services Manager.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our first time to Florida beaches (native Texan) and although first few days were chilly,it warmed up and was beautiful! Yes hotel is a bit old but it is well taken care of;a few updates would be nice, but the AMAZING complimentary breakfast and FREE drinks every evening!?!? Hello!!!!! This place is awesome!! My husband and son had a blast. The room service from Calypso Cafe was delish; front desk was always nice even though they were very busy(spring break crowd). No,its not right on the beach,but walk right out the hotel and a little crosswalk and you're on the private walkway to the beach so no complaining here! The walls are a bit thin and a ceiling fan would have been nice to drown out the snoring from next door lol but no place is perfect and the good outweighs the bad here for sure! We travel quite a bit and We've stayed in our share of hotels and this place we liked without a doubt. So many places to walk to, to eat or shop. Overall,this is a great location and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Looking forward to going back this summer for sure!!!!!! Don't get rid of the manager's reception or made to order breakfast!!!!! We're coming back for that!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you so much for responding to our survey regarding your recent stay with us. We value your loyalty to our brand and look forward to sharing the many upgrades that we have in the design stages of our lovely hotel. We look forward to your return visit and if I can be of assistance with anything please contact me directly. Have a great day.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Clean place, reception & breakfast are nice...BUT, my reservation was screwed up. I ended up paying $378 plus taxes for nights I didn't even stay!! They offered me nothing in return. I booked in advance to get a better rate...they gave me $279/night...the day I got there, the rates were $100 cheaper but, when I asked to change my rate to the best available rate, they were rude and said they couldn't just do that. I won't stay here again. They got enough of my money. It's not even on the beach.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. I am not really sure what happened with your reservation, but will be glad to look into this for you. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This Embassy Suites is extremely old, dated, and dirty. If you are looking for a hotel that has a "Daytona Beach spring break" feel to it, then this is your spot! The towels aren't white, they are more of a dingy-gray, and they are really thin and worn out. (I have better car-washing towels than these.) The carpet is dirty, the walls are scuffed up, and the sheets on my bed had a stain on them. The condition of the bathtub is almost not believable...the bottom of it is almost rusted through. I cannot believe this is a Hilton property. I understand, by reading other posts, that this hotel will be going through a renovation soon (and it cannot be soon enough), but it isn't that difficult to provide clean & fresh towels, clean & fresh linens, and clean carpet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RikS794
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations or ours. I am actively working with our housekeeping staff regarding the cleanliness issues and amenity quality to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a slight problem getting the right room the first night. Peggy the manager did right and rest of the stay was a breeze. Clean room, surprisingly good food in the Calypso Café. My wife is gluten free and Ericka did a great job with that. Good omelets for breakfast are included in the price. Generous happy hour and very close to white sandy un-crowded beaches.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with Embassy Suites Destin on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your comments and I have forwarded to Peggy and Erika. We get such joy when our guests have had a great stay with us. We look forward to your next visit and if I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.