“I'm trying someone else next time”

New Florida Girl Party Fishing Boats
Reviewed June 18, 2013

They overcrowd the boat. I would say we spent most of the time untangling lines . I won't be going back on American Spirit for sure.

2  Thank Charhair7
"blast"
in 6 reviews
"condo"

Reviewed June 18, 2013

8 hour trip and total time we fished 1 hour and thats stretching it ! We had to get our own poles they were not set out for us, we had to ask for bait and again it was not set out for us. The crew that works on the boat are to busy fishing on top of you, and catching the fish instead of helping you and your the paying customer. I finally, caught 1 fish and the deck hands were to busy fishing themselves, so I was trying to get the hook out myself because I learned they move around so much you better fish as fast as you can. Finally , I get help and he throws my fish back which was a legal size to keep and tells me I will catch a bigger one. WHAT?. Only fish I caught the whole trip. No instructions on what to do when you get on the boat ,what you need to do if you catch a fish ect. Crew fishing was tangled in our lines several times. Alot of people on the boat were complained about the same exact thing. My advice pay the extra money to go on a private charter because you get what you pay for with this outfit. What makes it even more insulting is that the captains son walks right up to you at the end with a tip jar asking for tips. LOL. Heres a tip! The crew should do their jobs and not be able to fish, people are on vacation and paying to fish, you live there go on your own time not the paying customers. WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN . IT WAS A WASTE OF MONEY AND A LOST DAY OF MY VACATION!

1  Thank mcl t
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We took a 4 hour fishing tour, and spent less than an hour fishing. The boat was very crowded, and we spent a good amount of time untangling our lines from those of other customers, often without assistance of the deck hands. I don't blame the captain for the rough seas, but this trip was the first time I've even been seasick. The deck hands supposedly work for tips, which is fine, but then once back on shore, tell you that the fish cleaning service is separate (because they're off the clock once they step off the boat) and even if you tipped them before getting off the boat, you should throw them a few extra bucks for cleaning your catch.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was on the 6/5/13 American Spirit. The day was great (except that a tropical storm was blowing in and the seas were a little rough but they have no control over that). First, Al at the ticket booth rewarded a repeat customer with a free trip. I thought that was really cool. Then I stepped up next to pay and he allowed my 13 year old and my friend's 14 year old to pass at the youth-half price fee. I thought that was really cool. The crew was very helpful. Unforutnately, we had about 4 birds nests and they had to help us with two of them. With the nature of bottom fishing, people are going to get tangled up, but the rough seas did not help. The crew was quick to help and get people back to fishing. I read a lot of these reviews before going fishing. One competitor's said the crew used a lot of foul language. I do not recall anything from the crew. The mates language was safe for the kids. I also give a lot of Kudos to the the Captain. He kept us out an extra hour because the bite was slow. We went to 2 extra spots to try and catch fish. I think we hit a total of 7 places which surprised me for a 6 hour trip. But the coolest thing was the captain's actions at the end. The rough seas trapped a tourist on a stranded jet ski against a rock jetty. This jetty is at the pass into the harbor. There was an outgoing tide and incoming waves caused from the tropical storm in the gulf. The seas at the jetty were at least 8 feet and maybe 10 so this kid on the jet ski was in trouble. The captain stayed with this kid until help arrived. I thought his actions were commendable. If me or my child had been trapped on a stranded jet ski, it would have felt good to know that captain was keeping an eye on me.

By the way, we did catch fish. A lot of folks caught nice Red Snappers. A guy beside me caught a nice Amberjack but it was not in season. We had to throw back 3 short red snapper but were able to keep 4 Mingos and we grilled them that night. Given everything, it was a great trip and I will use them again.

2  Thank Travis B
See more reviews
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the first time we had been on the American Spirit, but it won't be our last time! My two nephews had never been deep sea fishing. We went fishing last week and this is still all they can talk about. We went right before red snapper season, and while we caught plenty of those, had to throw them back. But we ended up being able to keep about 30 fish that we caught. Probably had to throw back 10 or so from being red snapper or under 14 inches for the triggerfish. Overall, this was a great experience! The boat wasn't overcrowded, and while there were plenty of tangled lines, the crew was quick to get us untied without being rude about it. Alan in particular was great! He took time to talk to us, joked with us, and was always right there when we needed help. The crew works hard on the boat, but then does all the cleaning and filleting themselves - I hope everyone on our boat tipped well, because they deserve it. Can't wait to go again!

1  Thank Kelly L