“Very average” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Pancakery
Ranked #23 of 301 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come check out Destin’s newest breakfast and lunch restaurant open 7 days a week! From scrumptious pancakes and waffles to tasty omelets, Benedicts, and crepes; your taste buds will definitely be craving more.In the mood for lunch? Come check out our over-stuffed baked potatoes, salads, soups and delicious sandwiches. Now serving bloody marys, mimosas, iced lattes, frappes and daiquiris! The Pancakery is open from 7a.m. to 2p.m. providing Destin with delicious food and a fun, family atmosphere.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Another Broken Egg is closed in Monday, so we went across the street to The Pancakery. The design and furnishings is on the order of a neighborhood cafe. We were seated promptly, but it took a while to get coffee and ultimately place our order. It didn't seem all that busy, but there was only one waitress working the four occupied tables. I ordered the 3-egg omelet with feta and 3 sand dollar pancakes. The omelet arrived luke warm - feta not melted at all. I had never selected feta with an omelet - I really enjoyed the combination. My companions meals arrived at the same time and were the correct temperature. Coffee refills were slow in coming. Overall, prices are not a great value. I won't need to go back.

• Korean first
Destin
“Staff Lies... Bad Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I’m not one to usually write reviews, but it really irritates me that we were lied to by our waitress that the syrup on the table was maple. An overly doughy taste to the pancakes, I was with my wife and parents, they whom have always preferred maple. This ‘garbage’ for lack of a better word was definitely NOT maple syrup. Bad pancakes, Worse syrup.

• Visited January 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Worst place for going with family”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Visiting family in Destin and wanted to drive down towards the beach. Saw the Pancakery. Good location. Went inside only to not be greeted by rude staff. Place was not that busy, I guess other people already know to stay away. Ordered pancakes, waffles and Oj. Oj first, very generic. Pancakes came out next, almost rubbery, being smothered in too much cheap compote. Waffles came later and were over cooked. Waitress was either bothering us on ordering more Oj, or ignoring us. Will not be back. NOT GOOD FOR FAMILIES!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Daryl B, Owner at The Pancakery, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear EvanS919,
Thank you for being very honest and straightforward with your comments. While we certainly regret the fact that the food served to you did not meet our usual standards, we also appreciate the opportunity you have given us to improve.

I hope you do not judge our restaurant by this one unusual experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We hope that you and your family will visit us again so that we may be able to serve you better.

Please reach out to me directly if you have any questions, comments, or if there is anything we can do to remedy your experience. Thank you.

Daryl Battaglia, Owner
The Pancakery, Inc.
personal cell: 504.430.7181
email: dbatta20@yahoo.com
Virginia Beach
“Yummy breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We were hoping to try one of the other breakfast places in Destin now that the tourists have left, but it was closed for the week. Glad things turned out that way as we never would have tried the Pancakery otherwise. I had one of the stuffed pancakes and it was perfect! Their coffee is some of the best that I have ever had at a breakfast place. From the outside I never would have guessed the food and service would be so good. I was ready to take it for another tourist trap, but it proved to have the same feel as any other local diner. We will be going back again soon.

Ankeny, Iowa
“Another overpriced restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Breakfast just isn't worth what this place charges. Bacon and eggs , no matter how you try to gussy them up is still bacon and eggs. The prices charged here are just not worth it.

Visited March 2012