“Long Wait but...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bruster's Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 20 Dessert in Destin
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
The Woodlands, TX
“Long Wait but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We found this place through a smartphone app the night my son craved for an ice cream while we were vacationing in Destin. That first night, I ordered sea salt with caramel and death by chocolate on a sugar cone. As I frantically ate the ice cream dripping on the side of the cone and on my hands, I realized quickly that I made a big mistake: 2 scoops of ice cream on a tiny cone plus hot beach weather = messy hands. The following night, I was smarter. Like my husband and kids, I ordered my ice cream on a cup. :) The sea salt with caramel was a little too salty for me, but the death by chocolate was really good. For those who are watching their sugar intake, there are "no sugar added" options available. I am not sure if the long lines are perennial, but there were long lines the two times we went. So when you go, you might have to prepare yourself for a long wait, but it can be worth it (depending on how much you like ice cream, I guess).

Visited July 2014

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Very impressed with Bruster's Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went on a spur of the moment trip one night after being out shopping. I had heard that another ice cream joint on up in Destin was really good, but we were staying in Miramar and had no interest in driving that far.

I was super impressed with our ice cream choices. Will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
fort worth
“best icecream on the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

It is outdoor seating with plenty of picnic tables. Brusters does tend to stay busy- however, the 5 ordering windows get icecream to you quickly. The line on the right of the building tends to be a longer wait because many people stop here and do not realize that there are other order windows available. There are lots of unique flavor combos as well as the usual. They have special nights when you can get discounted banana splits if you bring your own banana. You can also get Nathan's Hotdogs here as well as drinks.

Visited June 2014
“Yummy! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Great after dinner treat! Be prepared to wait a few minutes to get served. I had the chocolate ice cream with chocolate flakes and it was so good! They offer free kid cones for kids under 40 inches.

1 Thank TXAmanda
texas
“Refreshing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We ordered the hot fudge sundaes. We were not disappointed. The waffle cups were yummy, sweet, but not overpowering the ice cream. The ice cream was good, so was the hot fudge. This is an outdoor restaurant with a window to order. No drive- thru.

There was only one person making the orders today, so the service was slow, and the line was growing!

• Visited June 2014