“Great atmosphere, good live band, overpriced food”

Hammerheads Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hammerheads Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: At Hammerheads Bar & Grille in Destin, Florida, you can enjoy fried and steamed seafood, burgers, live music, and more, all in a beautiful dockside setting! Conveniently located in the Sandestin resort, bring the whole family for great food, amazing music, and loads of fun!
Reviewed September 1, 2014

This restaurant is located in Baytowne Wharf within Sandestin. We spent a lot of time here because we really enjoyed the live music, walking out on the pier, and the overall atmosphere. Their speciality drinks were incredibly sweet but came in a giant "category 5" tourist cup. Their food was overpriced but absolutely delicious. I'm a food snob and was leery of this tourist trap, but the food was incredible. I had the black ended grouper tacos with cole slaw and a lime sour cream ontop. It came with chips and salsa and the salsa was homemade and yummy. My husband had the grilled oysters topped with parmesan and ate them in 4 minutEs flat. We had the key lime pie, which the server said was homemade. The pie was great but was topped with a lime sauce for visuals that I didn't care for. Overall, a good stop while in sandestin!

Reviewed August 30, 2014

While in Florida during a recent business trip, we had dinner at this outstanding outdoor eatery in Destin. The waitress was friendly & knowledgeable,the salad & entree prepared fresh and served promptly. The band was entertaining & the pricing was reasonable considering this was located in a resort oriented area. Overall a great evening for either business or pleasure. We'll return when back in this area again!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Located on the bay at the Baytowne Wharf in the Sandestin development the restaurant had a live band performing and proximity to excellent sunset views over the bay. That's the good news. With NO draft beers on tap you are left to order bottled beer with a $5.00 price tag for domestic and $5.50 for import varieties. Then there is the food which I will describe as rather bland and unimaginative. That does not keep them from pricing it on the high side. We started with the Blue Moon bottled beer and decided to take it one course at a time. For appetizers she ordered the gumbo and I went with the Dynamite shrimp, both were average on the taste scale at best so we decided to not order the main course here and to try our fortunes elsewhere. The tab for two bottled beers and the two appetizers totaled over $35.00 before the tip. One final note, I asked for a glass of water to accompany my dish and the waitress originally brought me a styrofoam cup with ice and a bottled water. I could only imagine what the price tag for bottled water might be and declined it asking for tap water instead.
The service was fine and the location is worthy, just remember you are paying for that and don't expect the food fare to equal the location.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Nasty very overpriced food, very disappointed indeed. Dont waste your money going here. Only thing going is a nice view.

Matt D, Owner at Hammerheads Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Sharron, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. At HammerHead's, we strive to provide a wide variety of delicious at an affordable price, so we're sorry we did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to share your feedback with our staff.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I must say my family will be back! The food was great server was great and extremely knowledgeable. I got the Mahi Mahi and it was awesome my wife doesnt even like seafood and she even said it was good. Overall like I said we will be eating there again next year!

Matt D, Owner at Hammerheads Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Matt, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're so happy to hear that HammerHead's was a hit for the whole family - we look forward to seeing everyone again next year!