“Beats any restaurant in town!”
Review of Sarah K's Gourmet

Sarah K's Gourmet
Ranked #8 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I've lived in Destin for six years and, just a couple of months ago, we finally made it into Sarah K's Gourmet for lunch. We just had to have the crab cakes -- oh, my, they are like nothing else in this town! No filler, just big, glorious chunks of fresh crab cake. Eggplant parmigiana was equally superb! What's more, the dessert selection is to die for. Shortly after our visit, we moved to the arid, midwest desert...and couldn't stop thinking about those crab cakes. As a surprise, I ordered a half a dozen of them and they arrived within the week, just as cold and fresh as if I'd walked right into the store. Sarah, the owner, and her staff are extremely friendly and take customer service to the next level. The food is clearly made with the freshest ingredients and has an exceptional home-cooked flavor (versus the restaurant dime-a-dozen taste). If you are in Destin and don't visit Sarah K's, you are a crazy fool!

3  Thank tinfl

Reviewed February 25, 2010

This is not a restaurant, it is a take-out where the food is ready for you to take home and cook. It closes at 6:15PM so if you want to pick up supper, plan accordingly. That being said, they serve some excellent food. Being from the mid-west, I don't eat a lot of crabcakes, so I'm not an expert, but these are the best I've ever eaten by far. What I like about them is they contain no filler like I have had everywhere else, just pure crabmeat. They also look beautiful when baked - a nice golden snowball. Not cheap so you won't save a lot of money over most restaurants.

2  Thank GrumpyOldMichiganMan
Reviewed February 18, 2010

My wife and I went to Sarah K's today. Wonderful food! Lasagna, Crab Cakes, Tomato Soup- Yummmm! My problem- Now my wife wants to go there AGAIN TONITE! I loved Sarah K's, but don't feel we should go there for EVERY MEAL. So now, my wife says if she can't go there, she doesn't want to go anywhere. Thanks alot, Sarah K.

3  Thank stockmktgenius
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We have been "snowbird" customer's of Sarah K's for over three years and the food here is so good we have shipped it back to Michigan so we could share it with friends and family. The service is wonderful. The entire staff knows your name and they never fail to let you know what is new on the menu. Crab cakes are heavenly. Not since our younger years in Baltimore have we had crab cakes of this quality. And, they are so consistent! We love the fact that food from Sarah K's can be prepared at home with ease. You feel like you're a great chef! If travels bring you to anywhere near Destin, Florida, Sarah K's is a must stop. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank dexterfoodie
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Great for an easy quick meal when you don't want to dine out or cook yourself. We loved the lasagna and their baby green salad. The staff was very nice and helpful with suggestions. We will definitely go back next year when we're in town!

1  Thank norcalhrn