“Great Italian Family Restaurant - In More Ways Than One!”
Review of La Famiglia

La Famiglia
Ranked #100 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: HOURS OF OPERATION: MONDAY 11 AM- 10 PM TUESDAY 11 AM- 10 PM WEDNESDAY 11 AM- 10 PM THURSDAY 11 AM- 10 PM FRIDAY 11 AM- 10 PM SATURDAY 11 AM- 10 PM SUNDAY 11 AM- 10 PM
Weatherford, Texas
“Great Italian Family Restaurant - In More Ways Than One!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

On Vacation with my family in Destin and based on Tripadvisor reviews decided to try out this family Italian restaurant. Went to the original location and was not disappointed! It was very much a great place to bring the family, and you could clearly tell this was a family run establishment. Atmosphere, food, and service were all great. Since it was Saturday night, I had called and made reservations beforehand, but didn't really need them. It was busy but there were several tables still open we we arrived around 7:30.

We were seated promptly and our drink order was taken right away. Menu offered lots of traditional choices, along with several seafood entrees. The waiter made us aware of probably a dozen specials. It wasn't but just a minute or two after our drink order was taken that the drinks arrived, along with some very fresh bread (small italian loafs) and olive oil with garlic and other spices for dipping (we had two refills by the end of dinner). I ordered the Pasta Stephenia, which has a farfalle pasta with Gorgonzola cream sauce and sausage and mushrooms - very creamy and very tasty! One of our party decided to go with their Amore di Carne (meat lover's) Pizza - probably could have feed the whole table for $18! He brought two-thirds of it back to the hotel... All fresh ingredients and very good. All our other diners were also very happy with their entrees, which were all good size. All entrees come with a small garden salad - we all chose the House Italian dressing, which was excellent.

All in all, a very pleasurable dining experience. Service was very good and prices were very reasonable for good, fresh Italian food - just slighty more than the national chains (Olive Garden, etc.). We will definitely be back when we come to Destin again!

“Nice Italian Experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We dined at the original location and enjoyed it immensely. While the action has moved to the Harborwalk location, the food is still excellent as was the wait staff. It was a pleasant surprise to dine in a full but quiet setting, which in years past was impossible with the packed bar and line running out the door and down the street. They've found a good balance and were very smart to open the second location. While we missed some of the staff that moved down the street, the new people were well trained and enjoyable. Keep up the good work. Grazi.

Visited August 2013
“Second great meal”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a great meal here last visit to Design and we weren't disappointed when we came back this year. Busy place so make a reservation if you can schedule it.

Alpharetta, Georgia
“I think we caught them on a bad night”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I dined here last time i was in town and had an excellent experience. Last night was a little less than wonderful. Our waitress Jennifer seemed rushed. I heard her and the other waitresses tell other tables about the specials but we did not get to hear them. My Mother ordered sweet tea and by the 3rd glass that was brought to our table it still was not sweet. Jennifer explained that it had not been sweetened when it was made but she put sugar in it. I noticed as she took the glass away that there was sugar sitting on the bottom of the glass. From working in restaurants i know that you cant sweeten already brewed tea! The sugar wont desolve. I was a little discouraged when i could not substitute a spinach salad for the house salad with my entree. I was perfectly willing to pay an upcharge but i was told i would have to pay for the whole thing! So since i am not a fan of romaine, i went without a salad. All of our entrees were good! The veal marsala was cooked to perfection. The lasagna noodles seemed a little over cooked but was still good! My ravioli was fresh and hearty. I would have preffered a chunkier sauce and a little less of it. My pasta was drowning in sauce and was a little overpowering. Overall good food though. Love the fresh bread and garlic olive oil mixture! It would have been nice if they would have replenished it when we received a second helping of bread. At the end of our meal we were informed at 7:30 at night that they were out of tiramisu!!! What a bummer. I will be back next time I am in town with hopes of a better experience.

Visited August 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Very good Italian family restaurant, high priced food”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the second time we have eating in this restaurant. The food is delicious, the staff could be friendlier, and the prices could go down a little, specially when lunch specials are 8.95 and up, and the salad is an extra 3.50. If you think about it, the ingredients are the cheapest to use in this king of food, such as spaghetti and tomatoes sauce, salad with lettuce and one piece of tomato. The bread is excellent along with the olive oil dip and garlic. I could say next time I will eat at Olive Garden, but maybe not, I love their Italian music with songs I am familiar with, coming directly from Rome on Radio Italia, bellissima. In all, and disregarding the cost, I will problably eat here again, and I even recommend it to others to do the same. Arrivederci!!!