“Incredible Italian Food”
Review of La Famiglia

La Famiglia
Ranked #99 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Hours Of Operation: Monday 11 Am- 10 Pm Tuesday 11 Am- 10 Pm Wednesday 11 Am- 10 Pm Thursday 11 Am- 10 Pm Friday 11 Am- 10 Pm Saturday 11 Am- 10 Pm Sunday 11 Am- 10 Pm
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This review is for the La Familglia at the Harbor location. Incredible Italian dishes, especially the veal dishes, alfredo, lasagna, etc. Great atmosphere, terrace view of the Destin Harbor, great decor. Highly recommended for a special night out.

1  Thank BearForceOne

Reviewed January 23, 2013

While on travel for work, our small group came here because, A: they wanted Italian; B: the original place chosen was closed; C: this was a quick decision after a quick look on tripadvisor. I fully believe that sometimes your initial choice was closed so you are forced to try something new for a reason. This was one such reason. After being warmly greeted by a very personable Italian man, we were treated to his description of the specials that made us completely skip the printed menu. They all sounded wonderful and his rendition of them was entertaining as well. After receiving a confidently presented wine consutation, we started in on the fresh bread and dipping oil. We all agreed with could just munch on that all night. We also received a salad, which wasn't remarkable, but I recommend saving room for the main event anyway. My co-workers chose the Osso Bucco and I had the Cioppini. All were huge and wonderful. I was offered extra spicy on the Cioppino and it was perfect. The sauce was bold and textured with the perfect amount of spice. I couldn't have wished for anything more perfect. The Osso Bucco looked marvelous. The pasta was cooked to perfection. Given that these were special entrees, the price initially looked high, but once you saw what you got, it is completely worth it. I thoroughly recommend coming in and saying hello and taking part of a wonderful Italian meal.

1  Thank coquelle
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Haven't eaten a lot of the dishes here, but the ones I have had are really good. (Pesto chicken panino for lunch...yum.) Don't know anyone who doesn't like La Famiglia, run by a lovely Italian family...two locations, one along Emerald Coast Parkway and one at the Destin Harborwalk.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have eaten at the original location several times and had the pleasure of dining at the new location in Harborwalk Village recently. Both locations offer a very relaxing and laid back atmosphere. The food always tastes fresh and authentic. Everyone in my dining party chose a different menu item and everyone was equally impressed.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

As a former New Yorker and my wife being from Buenos Aires we know what really good Italian Food is and La Famiglia is it. All the dishes we had on both occasions were very fresh, flavorful and authentic. The service was also excellent with the very Italian maitre' d walking the floor schmoozing with the guests and assuring that everyone was enjoying their meal and dining experience and wait staff being warm, engaging and appropriately attentive. The portions were generous with many guests leaving with tomorrows lunch to relive the great experience. The atmosphere was simply elegant where you could either dress up or down and feel comfortable. We will definitely return on our next visit