“Cabana Club 201”
Review of Cabana Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Cabana Club
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Menasha, Wisconsin
“Cabana Club 201”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed in 201 in April 2014 and it was wonderful! The decor is great with the plantation shutters. We loved the master bath shower with the two shower heads. The kitchen was stocked with all the items you will need if you want to stay in and cook. The beach was awesome and we took advantage of the chair service. We were delighted to see the dolphins swimming from the balcony. The only down fall was the patio screen door is at times hard to open and several burnt out lightbulbs. Nothing that maintenance can't fix. Would stay in this unit again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dymtym

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

So, I am back again from a nice 7 day trip. Stayed in Unit 301 this time. My first time in this unit. The unit itself is really great. Love the large flat screen t.v.'s in the main room and bedroom. Loved the rocker/recliners (though a little dated), and comfortable sofas. Loved the tile - which from pics I thought was hardwood floor. Kitchen set up really nice lots of pots to choose from and lots of extra utensils which is handy since we cook in alot. Loved the fridge. Nice to have filtered water and ice cubes!! Bathroom has been updated....Shower was AWESOME!!! I will say again...AWESOME!!!! I love rainshowers and the jets... I loved the extra storage space as well for the cabinets and sinks. Less clutter on the counter. The clothing rack was appreciated as well for drying swimsuits.

What I did not care for was the incredibly firm bed. If you like sleeping on cement, that's how firm this bed was. Woke up aching everyday. An egg crate mattress topper will go a long way in helping with this - they run about $50 at the most. Slept on the couch mostly. Could really use some better patio furniture, the plastic dollar store chairs are not comfy. The table was nice though.

The only other thing was that the a/c was regulated - you could not adjust it to make it cooler. It would be 77 at night and that is too warm for me. Thankfully I brought a fan (which I usually just use for white noise). The lowest it would go in the heat of the day is 72. 70 would be more appropriate for day and at the very least 73 for the night. I am very hot natured and this was a big downside for me. Sweaty is not a good look for me. Which is why I only gave it 3 star rating. Its really about a 3 1/2 rating.

Otherwise it was a very nice condo. I would stay again, if they made the bed comfier and lowered the temperature a tad - especially at night.

Have I told you about the AWESOME shower?!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Michelle F
Prattville
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I go to Destin every year and we Always stay at cabana club!! Number 208! Right on the corner and very easy access to the beach! Private beach, so it's never crowded! The beach chairs and umbrella service is great and very easy! Great location to restaurants and entertainment!!

Room Tip: We have always stayed in 208# and the ad is fantastic, awesome views and great beach access!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kelly F
Reviewed June 20, 2013

First off, the beach was great! Since the property is private and it's only got 4 floors with about 8 rooms on each, the beach wasn't crowded at all and was very nice! The umbrella and chair service was very easy...just claim the ones you want with a beach towel and the guy will come by during the day and collect money. Usually setup around 7ish and picked up around 5, was plenty of time on the beach. The people we interacted with at the office were very nice and offered up good information on places to eat when I asked. As for the room itself, don't expect the Ritz here. While the kitchen has been upgraded, there are many flaws, cracks, water damage and even had unpainted wall texture in the bedroom where an apparant repair was recently made (looked like water leak/damage). The carpet was stained and wrinkled in several spots, they had quarter round trim on the bathroom vanity to cover up what I would suspect is unsightly caulking. They had nice tv's in both the living and bedroom, which was a plus and what appeared to be somewhat new patio furniture overlooking the beach. Overall, we liked our experience, however there are nicer places to stay (with a higher price).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian E
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recently stayed 10 days in this unit. Looks like owners have been updating it little by little. Tile throughout, except bedroom. Very nice. Redone shower which was very nice, it was glass enclosed and felt much roomier (the older showers are a hassle...no room to turn around or even shower for 2 ;-). They could replace the shower head...it wasn't very strong pressure. But, not a big deal. Nice large flat screen t.v. with dvd/vcr player. Sofas need updating but they were comfortable. I actually slept on the sofa a few nights, because the bed was super firm and I'm used to a softer bed. I woke up aching everytime I slept in there. It looks like they've purchased new bedroom furniture which was very pretty. Their pictures showed different furniture. It was a nice upgrade.

We didn't have any issues with our a/c. But, did notice some units were being worked on. It is an older building. I would stay here again, but I'd need to bring a topper for the mattress. Noted unit next door had a faulty patio door because the people staying there slammed the door over and over to try to get it to lock ( it was annoying) It was unit 104. We've run into this a couple of times (been staying here for over 20 years). We just use the broom stick to put in the door to keep anyone from opening it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michelle F
brandon, ms
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've just returned from a week's stay here. Beach was gorgeous as always. We've been coming to Destin for years, stayed at many different places. We've stayed at Sea Oats properties twice a year for years, always a perfect stay.I love the old fashioned feel their properties have for me. This was our first stay at Cabana Club. Our unit, 205, has been updated recently, very nice kitchen and bathroom with whirlpool tub. But what's with the a/c? Thermostat is set for 69 degrees or higher. No ceiling fans. The management staff, never what you'd call friendly, were more than happy to argue with us. Hateful staff members can ruin a vacation. The owner finally agreed to bring us a fan, and brought us two, one for the bedroom and one for the living room, which made the temperature in the unit bearable but this isn't a campground here folks. We noticed twice a local air conditioner service was at several condos during the week. Obviously the a/cs here are in need of updating also.Unit 205 is a nice condo, but best for the cold-natured. And friendly service is so important. I'm looking at staying at the Destin Beach Club for our next trip to Destin in September.

Room Tip: Too warm and stuffy in this condo. You can't adjust the air conditioner.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank destindreamin060
Manchester, Tennessee
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I went for a getaway trip for ourselves. This is the first time we have stayed in the Cabana Club. The view was great and the weather was awesome the 3 days we were there.(low 80's and clear) The beach was not crowed at all. Ther were only @ 10 other families/groups on the beach. The condo was very nice and clean, it appeared to have been updated with new appliances and countertops in the kitchen. There was tile in the kitchen,bathrooms, and down the hall. The bathroms had been remodeled also with a very nice shower and whirlpool tub. The only drawback was the slow drain in the shower. If not for this i would have given it a 5. We will definately come back again but look at another room.(Maybe 101 if we are lucky)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple