“Great Time”

$28.89*
and up
Gulf of Mexico Dolphin Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Olin Marler Charter Fishing and Dolphin Cruises is Destin's first established cruise service. We offer the best in Deep Sea Fishing and Dolphin Sightseeing cruises.
detroit
“Great Time”
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I went on the Olin Marler Dolphin cruise with my family over the summer. It was an awesome time! Saw the destin harbor, the crew was nice, and we even saw some dolphins!

US OF A
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Saw and spent time with Dolphins -- that is the key to a successful Dolphin Cruise.”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

On way out of Destin, we decided to stop at the harbor and go on a Dolphin Cruise. Based upon other Trip Advisor reviews, we went with Olin Marler Cruises. The ship was nice, nothing fancy, but with all seats having good views. Seemed a bit smaller than some of the other Dolphin Cruise ships, which was good.

The first 30 minutes are spent going down and back up the harbor. This part was a waste of time, and, in my mind, used as a time filler to charge for a 2-hour cruise. When we finally emerged into the Gulf of Mexico, within about 10 minutes, and not more than a couple of miles from the harbor, we came across a group of dolphins. Ship captain did a good job of maneuvering the ship so we could stay with the dolphins for a good 30 minutes. It was almost as if they enjoyed the audience, at times racing through waves, doing jumps and flips, etc. Kids loved it; so did the adults.

1 Thank PDIDDYTRAVEL
St. Louis, MO
“We had a nice time.”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Our family of 4 went on the 10am dolphin cruise (2 adults, a 5 year old, and a 2 1/2 year old.) The cruise left on time, the Captain and crew were friendly and helpful, and the drinks/snacks on board were actually REASONABLE! It took a little hunting, but we finally saw some dolphins!! The captain did a good job of locating them, then making sure we were able to track their movements. The kids even had a chance to drive the boat. Overall, it was a nice trip.

Tuscaloosa, AL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good Attraction - worth the problems.”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We visited no Monday July 27th 2009. i had made reservations the previous week on their website. I called to find out where their office was and was given good directions to find their dock. Parking is not the greatest in the world, not very many spaces. Went to the ticket counter and they said they did not have a reservation for me. So I went back to the car and got my confirmation. Looked as if the computer had booked me on the day I made the reservations instead of the day I The lady said they had had some problems with the booking system lately. It was not really that bad of a problem, it just took time as she had to make several phone calls to work it out. After about 25 minutes she got it squared away. We loaded the boat about 15 till 6 and had to wait in line to get a photo made, which actually turned out pretty good. Was worth the $10.00 extra fee. As we left the dock the tour around Destin Harbor was easy and informative as the Captain told about the harbor and the homes there. as we cleared the mouth of the harbor and headed into the Gulf the trip got alot rougher. There had been storms out earlier in the day and it made the water very rough. The boat was up and down and up and down and up, you get the picture. There were several times the waves crashed over the sides and we got wet. I t did seem to get better after about an hour. We saw several dolphins surface for air, but none jumped in the air or such. I think the rough seas may have hampered them. At the end it was getting dark and the water was calmer as we headed back into the harbor. They seemed to be getting more palyful then. Overall it was well worth the $25.00 per person for the 2 hour tour. I think it would have been great if the water had not been so rough. I would go back again if it was good weather.

2 Thank realtor64
olinmarler, Internet Marketing Manager at Olin Marler Fishing and Dolphin Cruises, responded to this review, August 4, 2009
Thanks for cruising with us! I apologize for the hiccups in the reservation process. As of last month, we started to offer fishing and dolphin cruises online for purchase. We appreciate your patience as we take the company to a new level. We hope to see you again next time you visit Destin.
St. Louis
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Nice afternoon cruise”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Affordable. Family operated. Nice history of Destin area from guide (Marler). Beautiful souvenier photo ($10 extra, but best one we've ever had taken) .

It was busy in the Gulf and Bay with tour boats, party boats, parasail boats, wave runners. The dolphins must have steered clear of the traffic. We saw a few dorsil fins, but no dolphins. NOT THE CRUISE OPERATORS' FAULT!!! We still enjoyed the cruise. The weather was gorgeous.

PERHAPS TRY THE 10AM CRUISE - $5 discount - and probably less traffic and more opportunity to see playful dolphin.

1 Thank shy_kitten