“An afternoon of offshore fishing”

Olin Marler Fishing and Dolphin Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$28.89*
and up
Gulf of Mexico Dolphin Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Olin Marler Charter Fishing and Dolphin Cruises is Destin's first established cruise service. We offer the best in Deep Sea Fishing and Dolphin Sightseeing cruises.
Atlanta, GA USA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“An afternoon of offshore fishing”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We had a great afternoon of fishing. We went 3-7pm and there were only 16 of us on the boat. We caught a bunch of trigger fish, white snapper, and of course even more red snapper that had to go back - out of season. The crew was great and when I got a huge hook thru my finger, Russell, got the wire cutters out and got me fishing again. It was horrible for both of us but I was the only one that had to get a tetanus shot the next day!
The captain doesn't talk but the crew is great, Russell and Conner took great care of us and Russell baited my hook after I put my finger out of commission.
The crew cleaned and filleted our fish. We took our days catch to AJ's and they grilled, blackened, and fried it! We couldn't eat 1/2 of it there was so much of it.
All in all it was a great day!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank BeckyW1010

Madison, Alabama
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice Trip”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Upon entering the harborwalk around 2:00 we saw a lot of companies offering two dolphin tours a day at 2:00 and 5:00. Since we were with kids and it was a cool day, we thought we were out of luck. Fortunately, the company offers three tours a day at 10:30, 3:30 and 5:30. My thought was why weren't some of the other companies a little more strategic by having a variety of schedules? We took the 3:30 cruise and the captain and crew were friendly and seemed well experienced. There are several places to sit on the boat. Upstairs, deck level, inside and even a couple of seats on the glass bottom portion of the boat. It was a fair day to see dolphins and we saw a few and lots of jelly fish. I enjoyed listening about the history of the harbor, points of interest and Destin. I personally would have enjoyed more interaction with the crew, information about sea life and history, but I am a bit of a history nerd and this may have driven others crazy. My 11 and 13 year old kids were bored after an hour and I refused to let them take out their personal devices to play games. My husband and I enjoyed it and liked talking to the other passengers. I would recommend going on this cruise.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Karen T
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Never Again!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

WORST WORST WORST BOAT CAPTAIN!!!! Every June, I take a crew of 20 guys red snapper fishing on party boats in Destin,FL. My friend convinced me to try Olin Marler and it was my worse fishing experience by far! I usually fish on party boats 3-4 times yearly, but Capt JOHN GIBSON needs to retire. He was unfriendly, rude, and condescending. After more than two hours before our first stop which is normal, I went topside to ask the Capt how much longer and he shouted at me saying go back down, I didn't argue just did what he said. We arrived about 30 mins later at our first stop and caught a below average amount. When the bite stopped, we went to another spot and the NOOOO fish were biting. We went to another spot and it was the same. The boat had more than 40 people fishing, each rod has two hooks with squid and cut bait, that's 80 pieces of bait and still no bites. We waited, waited and waited. Then we voiced to the capt that this not a good spot. He shook his head with disgust as if we were incompetent. This happened all day! There was no communication as to what depth we were in, what depth the fish were at on the fish finder. NO COMMUNICATION. I never thought it was possible not to enjoy a fishing trip. The next day I went on another party boat with excellent boat Captain. Never again Olin Marler!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Mike C
traveler4557, Customer Relations at Olin Marler Fishing and Dolphin Cruises, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hi Mike C,

I'm very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience on one of our boats. Captain John typically has great catches and a response like this is out of the ordinary. We will certainly reach out to Captain John to see why this trip went the way it did and work with him to correct any issues. Thank you again for booking with us.
Dallas
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Yep, there's dolphins”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The captain & staff were very helpful. We were able to see lots of dolphins. The bathroom was one of the cleanest I have ever seen on a boat. I enjoyed being able to go to the bottom to watch what was going on through the glass bottom.

There were some folks who were late & missed the boat. The captain was nice enough to turn around & get them. If that had been me, I would've been very grateful. He even gave us a little extra time out even though we were only out a couple mins before having to turn around.

Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great trip!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

It was a great day for seeing dolphins, we saw a baby dolphin too! The captain was great and really liked the boat, has restrooms and snacks too.

1 Thank kate864