“Nice dolphin cruise AND only one we could find on last Monday in October.”

Olin Marler Fishing and Dolphin Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$28.89*
and up
Gulf of Mexico Dolphin Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Olin Marler Charter Fishing and Dolphin Cruises is Destin's first established cruise service. We offer the best in Deep Sea Fishing and Dolphin Sightseeing cruises.
Cullman, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice dolphin cruise AND only one we could find on last Monday in October.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The dolphin cruise that was recommended by the condo management was closed on Sunday so we waited until Monday morning to call. That's when we found out that most of them are running a Tues-Sat schedule right now. We tried 3 before we found Olin Marler on the internet (through Tripshock, which had a great price). Even on Monday, Tripshock showed a 1:30 and 4:30 cruise, but my sister and I were the only ones booked at 1:30, so Olin Marler called us to reschedule us on 4:30 - worked out nicely. We saw several dolphins with a nice sunset thrown in at the end. The water was a little choppy but not enough that anyone seemed to have a problem.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank EllenAlabama

Chattanooga, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Spectacular sunset dolphin cruise!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The crew was great and the kids LOVED their first boat ride! Seeing the dolphins was a huge bit of excitement for them that they will never forget. But the best part of the trip was seeing the sunset from on the water over the Gulf. It was SPECTACULAR!!

Visited October 2013
Arab, Alabama
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wonderful dolphin cruise but not when a tropical storm is coming in”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our crew of six started out the day with a dolphin cruise though Olin Marler. It is a 2 deck glass boat boat. We all got seats on the upper deck and headed out. They serve snacks and soda and water for reasonable prices while on the cruise. We saw dolphins, sharks and a turtle while on the cruise. I was loving every bit of it as we started out. The water was choppy as tropical storm Karen was coming in. The rocking waves weren't bad as we got out with the swells but before we got back in, we were rocking and rolling. Two of us got sick before we could get back in and others were sea sick too. Would I do it again, you bet. BUT on calmer seas. lol.. I would highly recommend this on a calm day. Also it is great because it is right at the harbor walk with tons of things to do and places to eat along the way!

Destin, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“HUGE waste of my money and time!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I went on their six hour charter yesterday. The water was extremely choppy and the captain didnt even try to take it easy. By the time we made it to the fishing spot everyone was drenched and sick. I managed to catch two fish (only one I could keep) before i got sick. I do not get motion sickness and I even to dramamine before our trip. The ride was terrible. The staff though most were good mannered, did not even bother to help fishers. The first fish i caught was a very large amber jack. Seeing as I have never fished out side of fresh water I was not prepered. I started screamimg "big one on" as they instruct you to do. No one came to help me. It was not until a fellow fisher got all over one of the crew members that they decided to help me. In all my husband and I caught four fish we could keep. Out side of the first major stop they stopped two other places. each place they give you approximately enough time to drop your line once. I tried to make the best of this trip. When we got home, we realized Loni the female hand on the boat had shorted us one fillet. We paid 127 dollars for seven fillets, five hour boat ride, sea sickness and snotty employees who hate their jobs. DO NOT USE OLIN MARLER!

2 Thank Savannah H
traveler4557, Customer Relations at Olin Marler Fishing and Dolphin Cruises, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hi Savannah H,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We will make sure to review our procedures with our staff so we are assisting customers as quick as possible. Thanks again for your review and your business with us.
Pensacola, FL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Book With Caution”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Please be aware that this group will cancel your trip if they do not believe they have enough people to make it worth their while. Our trip got cancelled an hour before we were suppose to be there. We were traveling from a city an hour away and were en route when we received the call. I had been in contact with the company the day before and they were well aware that we would be making a trip to get there. The girl's response during the call was, "I know. . . . it's not fair." She did offer to re-schedule for a later date but I was not comfortable that I (and my 5 other guests) would not end up in the same situation again. I understand her business perspective but believe that a call the night before (not at 7:30 in the morning) would have been more appropriate. Surely she knew at that point that the trip was not coming together. I will not patronize this business again and would urge others to think carefully before booking with them.

1 Thank We3KingsWannaGo
Hi We3KingsWannaG,

Thank you for your review and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We try very hard not to cancel trips, but we have to have at least 10 participants in order to make our costs. We give an hour notice to our customers in the case we don't get that minimum so they don't make the drive to our location and find out we are not cruising. We are sorry for the confusion, but we do list it on our website and other 3rd party outlets. Thank you again for your review and sorry we couldn't get your on the cruise.