“Deep see fishing trip 12-22-12.”

Olin Marler Fishing and Dolphin Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$28.89*
and up
Gulf of Mexico Dolphin Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Olin Marler Charter Fishing and Dolphin Cruises is Destin's first established cruise service. We offer the best in Deep Sea Fishing and Dolphin Sightseeing cruises.
trinity nc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deep see fishing trip 12-22-12.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The seas were calm and the high was about 60 deg. Couldn't ask for any better day. This was my first trip with Capt Greg Marler of Olin Marler Charters. I have been with many other charters in the past. We left on time and started fishing about 2 hours later. We were about 30 miles out.The crew were first class, and I could not have asked for any better. They were very helpful at all times. Greg Marler new the fishing holes. Each time we stopped, every one was catching fish of all types. We returned mid afternoon and arrived back at the dock at 4pm. What a great day,and lots of fish.
I have been on many party boats in Destin, with disapointment. This one made my day.I'm looking forward to the next trip.
John Dicks

1 Thank John D

Radcliff, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Had a great time!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We just returned from a Dec. trip to Destin and discovered that much of Destin shuts down during the off-season, so we were thrilled to find this dolphin tour was still running twice daily. We really enjoyed the two-hour tour...they gave us popcorn to feed the seagulls, provided informative narrative about Destin's history, points of interest (they even point out John Grisholm's home as well as the home of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill!), and all the employees were very friendly (the ticket gal, the crew, the Captain.) And, I guess I should mention we saw TONS of dolphins...several different pods...we were able to get pics with 8 dolphins in them at a time! They were very friendly, curious, and playful! What an experience!

Tucson, Arizona
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“company doesn't want your money”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We signed up the day before. Ready for noon dolphin adventure. They cancelled n put us on the 3pm tour. We arrived. They cancelled w/ no consideration. Company doesn't want your $ nor care if they waste your vacation day. One would think they'd want to make $ in the non-prime season. Won't be back ever.

2 Thank caroline m
olinmarler, Manager at Olin Marler Fishing and Dolphin Cruises, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Caroline,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with us. Please do not think that we do not want your money or your business. In fact, Olin Marler Charters wouldn't have been around for 40+ years if it wasn't for having great customers and service. Operating in the winter is a very difficult time for us because we are only able to run trips if we have enough participation. Otherwise, we would not be able to operate if we ran our trips with just a few people. I apologize if you were not better informed of everything. Our staff should have gave you a call if there wasn't enough people on the 3pm cruise so you didn't have to drive down to the docks. I hope one day you will give us another chance when we are in season and never have to worry about participation issues. I hope the rest of your trip went well.
Ajax, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Lovely Afternoon”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

While visiting my parents my mother and I did the Dolphin Cruise.
The weather was lovely and the staff were very friendly and knowledgable of the history of the area. The boat was very clean.
We fed the "Terns" cheeto's!!!, once in the bay finally saw the dolphins. We were luckly enough to see a baby dolphin that was no more than 2 days old. It was wonderful to see how they interact when they are that young.
It was a nice afternoon and the sights were lovely.

Visited November 2011
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely the best experience”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was in a group charter fishing trip with Olin Marler about 3 weeks ago and 1 deckhand pretty much ruined my first fishing experience. I paid the 20% tip but I felt like I really should not have given any tip for the horrible experience. I came home and launched a complaint via email. To my surprise, I received a reply with a sincere apology and asked for another opportunity to make things right. I later learned that the deckhand no longer works for charter company. Well this past weekend, I booked a private charter for 10 people. We were taking our VIP clients out on their first charter fishing trip. I asked specifically for Danny to be our deckhand which was the other deckhand on my first trip and he was very professional and helpful. Danny brought his son Seth who works at a different boat. All 10 of us were blown away by their level of service. We were a little worried that we were doing more boating than fishing. But on our last stop, we hit the jackpot. I believe we caught around 15 or 16 fish. All of which were groupers and amber jacks. One of our members ended up catching a 55lbs grouper which was the 2nd largest this season according to the harbor. People on the dock were certainly drawn to our catch of the day. Danny and Seth were outstanding throughout the entire trip. Pretty much all 10 of us were beginners. But they made sure we were baited and assisted us every way possible. Olin Marler has certainly become my number 1 choice for charter boat fishing. I plan on taking my clients out every year and I will certainly ask for Danny and Seth to be our deckhands. They were so great that I tipped them 30%. We were on the Gulf Breeze and it is a very spacious boat for 10 people to go charter boat fishing. I hghly recommend this charter boat company.

Visited October 2012