“Should have turned back”

Olin Marler Fishing and Dolphin Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$28.90*
and up
Gulf of Mexico Dolphin Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Olin Marler Charter Fishing and Dolphin Cruises is Destin's first established cruise service. We offer the best in Deep Sea Fishing and Dolphin Sightseeing cruises.
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The deep sea fishing was a nightmare. It was obvious about two miles into the trip out that the seas were too rough. The crew said "the weather did not call for this" well then why did we not turn back? Five of my eight family members became so sick that they trembled and were so bad bile was the only thing left to throw up.

A 45 minute normal ride to the fishing area took two hours. Many others on the party boat did not fish because no one could stand up it was so rough!

I understand that a few on the boat were okay and fished, but from the comments we should have not been out there. The were red flag warnings posted today as well.

A prime example of what was more important than the enjoyment of the customers was the almighty dollar!

4  Thank Doug W
"baby dolphins"
"top deck"
"for sale"

Reviewed September 8, 2012

saw lots of dolphins, crew was very nice. Christian symbol on the boat. Captain ensured everyone was taken care of. 2 hour trip. beautiful sunset. 27.00 for adult. worth it for the clean toliet and air conditioned lounge. we went out on the hannah Marie.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The crew was very friendly and personable. They chatted with us and let the kids sit in the captain's chair. We saw so many dolphins!! I couldn't believe it. They gave us food to feed the birds that were hanging out on top of the boat. It was so much fun. The tour guides also told us about the history of the area, and even pointed out some celebrity houses. It was a great cruise - we really had a good time. Nice relaxing way to spend the afternoon.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Wonderful dolphin cruise lasted 2 hours and saw plenty of dolphins. Ship was so clean had two levels so we sat up top and it was just wonderful. Crew was the greatest and the kids got to drive the ship and have their pictures taken. Smile on their faces was priceless. Had a Groupon coupon which made it so reasonable but I would have paid full price for this trip. It was top rate all the way. Great music and snacks, cokes and water for $1.00 UNBELIEVABLE in Destin. I'm going to do it again. Definite must if your in Destin. Had a glass bottom part we never even went to.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Be prepared to sweat if you go in July or August. I bought a Groupon for an evening dolphin cruise. I had 2 kids, I teenager, and I senior with me and we were staying cool in the shade before boarding but once boarding starts be prepared to line up. We were more than 130 in line.
You will stand in the sun and wait while each one boards and has their picture taken. Try to be first in line to board and get a good seat. It will be hot till the boat pulls away from the dock.
Pray it does not rain or storm because they go out anyway.
You will also do a tour of the harbor and be told about lots of restaurants. You will also get a chance to feed the birds following the boat, they are real nice and give food to the kids and you will head out to find dolphins. We went straight out to the gulf and were lucky to find a good size group of dolphins that we found by some others on wave runners. 4 other large boats of tourists also showed up and we watched for a while. After we were given the choice to cruise back into the bay (and maybe find more dolphin) or stay out in the gulf and take a cruise along the coast. Our boat chose to stay on the gulf and just go along the shore and learn about other places to eat. Keep in mind our day the gulf was pretty ruff and there were people that got sick, young and old, but the crew was pretty good with them trying to help everyone. If you are subject to being sick, you should stay on the lower deck. There are also snacks and drinks for sale on board.
Overall, I would have preferred to search for dolphins for 2 hours and not cruise all over the place. We were a big enough group that next time I'd rent a small pontoon boat and do it ourselves. I didn't like being crowed with so many people.