“Great Location”
other traveler has booked this property
Newly Renovated Kitchen Living Area
Caribbean Dunes Hot Tub
Community BBQ grills
Camill'es in walking distance
Caribbean Dunes
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Heidi F
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“Would stay at Caribbean Dunes again, but not in this unit!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Overall, my husband & I had a nice time - despite picking the rainiest weekend to stay in Destin! I will say that "nice time" was mostly spent away from this condo.

It is very convenient to the beach - right across the street - and we appreciated the amenities/discounts provided, though we didn't get to use them this trip due to the weather.

We noted a couple of significant problems that should be addressed. The shower, while it provided plenty of hot water, had very little water pressure. The bed in the master bedroom was incredibly noisy (as in, I can wake the neighbors every time I turn over) and is in need of new mattresses. It might also be a benefit to have a good pest control company come spray - we killed our fair share of bugs (silverfish, spiders and - eek - a giant roach) in only 2 nights at the condo. If you stay in this complex, I'd also recommend getting a 2nd floor room. We were lucky - our neighbors weren't walking around after 1am, but every step they took above us echoed through our condo.
The service I booked through, Destin Getaways, was wonderful. I would use them again, but I definitely won't be staying at this particular condo.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Bugs!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving a review and we appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, due to it being the rainiest weekend in Destin, the bugs like to find a place to go inside and get away from the rain. (Please note that the condo has been sprayed for bugs since.) It does help to prevent them if you leave the sliding doors closed being that the condo is on the ground level. The owner has purchased a new mattress for the bed as well as a new couch. We hope to have you back again!

AL
Reviewed August 21, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway
st louis mo
Reviewed August 8, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Aug 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the condo and everything that it had to offer.

Unfortunately, as the rental agreement states, we cannot guarantee check-in to any property until 4 PM. Although the condo was cleaned, it still needed to be thoroughly inspected before we are able to allow anyone entry. I understand where you are coming from; however, the front desk agent was running the office on that Sunday and is not the person to do the pre-arrival inspections. In the future, please understand that we cannot guarantee entry until 4PM and if that is an issue, then I would suggest having something planned until 4 PM so that you are not sitting at the property waiting.

The owner has had the condo sprayed for bugs as well.

“A Day at the Beach”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Loved the accommodations the property provided. Easy access to the beach. Clean environment & friendly staff. More than anything I loved how the property was centered around the beach, sites, shopping & eateries.

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
“Perfect vacation condo!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

This condo is perfect for a family with kids. The bunk beds are great, the bedroom is large & the couch folds out into a bed. The place is well cared for and has a washer & dryer! Location is excellent! No complaints at all, we loved it!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Had a great time but the room needs some attention.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

The customer service was great! We had worked all day and drove all night with a four a.m. arrival time. The representatives at the Crye-Lieke office were able to secure an early check-in, awesome! The amenities package made the trip and the deep-sea fishing was great. A special thank you goes out to Wyatt, Capt. Reed, and all other crew members of the Destin princess and Destiny. The room was nice but there were a few things that needed some attention before our arrival. The shower drain was clogged and the exhaust fan was dirty. The shower curtain was moldy and so were the jacuzzi jets. we didn't use it. All these problems were small compared to the noise coming from the room above us. There were four adults in our party and every one of us were awaken every night from noise. And it wasn't that the people above us were exceptionally loud, our room just needs a foot of insulation and a lowered ceiling.

Rugged travelers
Sep 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving a review and I am so glad that you enjoyed the amenities package! I apologize for the issues that you encountered and I just wanted to write to say that all of the problems have been addressed - the Jacuzzi has been bleached and completely cleaned as well as the exhaust fan. We checked the shower drain, but it doesn't appear to have any issues; however, we will keep a close eye on it. Unfortunately, there is no real fix for the noise that comes from above; however ,the owners have left a white noise machine in the condo which will hopefully help the situation. We hope to have you back again soon!

Saint Louis.MO
Reviewed September 6, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing