“Excellent Sea Bass”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!
Reviewed May 7, 2014

If you like Sea Bass, you have to give this restaurant a try. It was EXCELLENT!! Surprisingly they were not too crowded right after the wine festival. We were seated right away. One of our favorite seafood restaurants in Destin. Our waiter (Maurice) was accommodating and provided us with a professionally service.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The wife and I went for dinner. Sat on the patio which overlooks the Boulevard which was nice. I had the crabcakes, they were A+. Wife had the scallops, said they were "Meh". Ceasar salad and sides were great. Service was okay.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This definitely rates as one of our best meals yet! Our server recommended the cobia fish with a twist-blackened and then served Shang Hai style. It was amazing-typically a firm fish, this dual method of cooking/serving made it melt in your mouth delicious. My husband also ordered an oyster appetizer-the oysters were so good, he ordered three more! I ordered crab cakes and a delicious salad (with dates) but I did get bites of his meal. It was Sunday evening (after a wine festival) so the restaurant was a little quiet. We had our pick of times (they offer on line reservations) and were seated immediately. We enjoyed both our server (Elizabeth) and our delicious dinner. We give Mitchell's a strong recommendation!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I am always more pleased than I expected when I eat here. The menu offers many items to choose from and all are cooked as they should. I particularly like the booths in the back for more privacy. Service is uniformly professional and personable. This is a great place for lunch, business or pleasure, as the prices are lower and the portions are just right. There is a good happy hour offering select appetizers and drinks at special prices. If you like seafood you can make a meal out of it. I suggest making reservations for dinner during peak times as this is a popular place. Mitchell's is a great place to go if you want seafood that is not all fried.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I love this restaurant and cannot wait until I have business in Destin again just to go back. The food tasted so fresh and had great flavor.