“Always better than expected”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 300 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Always better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I am always more pleased than I expected when I eat here. The menu offers many items to choose from and all are cooked as they should. I particularly like the booths in the back for more privacy. Service is uniformly professional and personable. This is a great place for lunch, business or pleasure, as the prices are lower and the portions are just right. There is a good happy hour offering select appetizers and drinks at special prices. If you like seafood you can make a meal out of it. I suggest making reservations for dinner during peak times as this is a popular place. Mitchell's is a great place to go if you want seafood that is not all fried.

• Visited March 2014

New York City, New York
“best seafood I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I love this restaurant and cannot wait until I have business in Destin again just to go back. The food tasted so fresh and had great flavor.

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Favorite place in San Destin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Always the best, most consistently excellent meal. We never miss a visit when in the area. Service is professional, food superbly prepared. Fresh and tasty. Not cheap by any means, but worth it

Visited April 2014
Smyrna, Georgia
“Excellent Miramar Beach/Sandestin Seafood Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This restaurant is located in the Shoppes at Grand Blvd. so it is not on the water. There was plenty of parking with no valet (which I view as a plus). The decor was dark and had a mixed modern/old school feel to it. The hostess was friendly and chatty.....we had no reservations and were seated immediately. We did not have to wait long before we were greeted by our server Celeste. She was super friendly and was very thorough about going through the menu with us and answering any questions. My wife got the Pear Martini and I got the Mojito off the signature cockail list. Both were extremely fresh and tasted excellent. We did not get an appetizer but quickly ordered our main courses. The wife ordered the seafood trio which consisted of mahi, salmon and scallops. I ordered the salmon oscar that was covered with lobster and shrimp (my meal also included a copy of gumbeaux.) Our food was prepared quickly and the portion size was very generous. We shared off each others plates and I can say that everything was prepared as it should be. We were too full to split dessert (which we normally do) however we saw a piece of carrot cake being delivered to a patron that was massive so it looks like this would be a good place to grab a cocktail and dessert for a date (a movie complex is right down the street) All in all an excellent dining experience and we will be back when visiting the Sandestin/Miramar Beach area in the future. Note**** this is an extremely convenient dining option if you are staying in the Sandestin Golf & Beach resort.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank pic15
Hamilton, Canada
“Enjoyed Dinner Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Went by Trip Advisor reviews and local recommendation to try this restaurant. It's a nice place, with friendly service.

Both my wife and I ordered the cod stuffed with lobster and shrimp. It came with asparagus and mashed potatoes. The entire meal was delicious.

Many different fresh fish items for selection and how you want it cooked. It can get pricey depending on what you order, but you have to take into account that it's that type of restaurant and setting.

Visited April 2014