“A must if you're in the area”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean!
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Every time we're in town, we always go to Mitchell's. It doesn't really matter what you order, it's all good and it's all fresh. I've been there many times and never had a bad meal. I'm especially partial to the pecan crusted tilapia, but the crabs cake are delightful as well and I usually have to have lobster bisque.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We used to be "frequent flyers" at Mitchell's Fish Market. And a year ago I would be rating Mitchell's at a "Five." But over the past year I've noticed that the kitchen output seems to be going downhill a bit. And some of the best staff members have apparently left.

Our favorite waitress, Brittany, is apparently not with Mitchell's anymore. That was a big disappointment to us the last time we dined there.

Menu items are always very good, to outstanding. We love Mitchell's, but it doesn't seem to be quite as well polished as it was a year or two ago.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The wait staff was ver attentive and friendly to our large party on our visit shortly after Christmas. I live in the midwest , far away from the ocean, so I usually try to get sea food when I am in Florida.. The scallops did not disappoint. Portions were ample but not overwhelming.I did not have a saladut some of us shared the sharkfin pie and it was ndelicious. The server told us that Mitchell's is owned by Ruth Chris chain so beef is available as well.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times. We decided to try eating at the bar tonight. They have some happy hour specials from 4-7. I got blackened fish tacos which were delicious. They were larger than I thought they would be. I always get a house salad! It is amazing. The poppy seed dressing is perfect along with the dates and pine nuts. Yum! Another favorite of ours is the Shang hai sampler. You can also have any of the fresh catches cooked Shang hai. (Ask for it blackened and Shang hai). A waiter once suggested this to us and it is perfect. I hope you decide to try this dish. We love it.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have tried to give this place a second, third and fourth chance at making us happy with good food and service but it always seems to fail. Xmas dinner here was mediocre and most of our party of 11 were severely disappointed. We used to live in Columbus, Ohio and are familiar with the Mitchell restaurants but since the Fish Markets became a Ruth's Chris chain, the food quality and service just has not been the same. Every part of the meal was "average or below" with the exception of the Sharkfin Pie, which is always very good. We ordered a variety of meats and fish and the overwhelming comments at the end of the night was one of "not acceptable". I think we will pass on this place permanently, enough is enough.