“Love happy hour!”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!
Valdosta, Georgia
“Love happy hour!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The spicey shrimp appetizer was the best I have ever had. My husband and I shared one and then ordered another.that was enough for our dinner. Great service and excellent drinks.

• Visited May 2013

Flower Mound, Texas
“Tasty seafood and unexpected help for people with food allergies.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I'm a girl that loves fresh seafood, especially when vacationing at the beach. The problem is I'm allergic to everything. Soy, shrimp, dairy, almonds... So it came as a pleasant surprise that our waitress and the kitchen staff took extra care to be sure that my food didn't have those items and wasn't prepared next to them. The meal started with bread fresh out of the oven - chewy (in a good way) and yummy, it was a great way to start the meal and prepare our stomachs for the mind blowing pinetinis that followed. Vodka martinis with a splash of pineapple juice and 2-day vodka infused pineapple chunks. Yowsa - if you eat the pineapple- be warned. They taste more like they were soaked for a week in ever clear. On to the food. Cedar planked salmon was great - especially since it was served with asparagus and zucchini -two favs on the grill. My friend ordered a lobster shrimp pasta - have to say - ALOT of pasta and it was difficult to find the lobster. If you are craving lobster, opt for the tails instead.

• Visited May 2013
Cartersville, Georgia
“Outstanding meal!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went with a group of ladies tonight. First of all, excellent drinks. Extra effort in the bar was much appreciated. Everyone loved their entrees. Chilean sea bass....fabulous. Seafood trio sampler, seafood Americana, shrimp and lobster pasta all delish. A great deal on the 3 course meal. Great service to boot!

Visited April 2013
Pooler, Georgia
“Take the Waiter's Advice”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

As told to us by our waiter, Mitchell’s Fish Market restaurant chain is the result of a seafood-loving individual living in Columbus Ohio, a near land-locked state (Northern Ohio boarders Lake Erie), that was without a high quality seafood restaurant. I mention chain, but this restaurant has little of a chain feel or ambiance. While there are one or two steak and chicken items on the menu but the majority of menu items listed is seafood. I usually order broiled or baked seafood but also enjoy a fired seafood platter when it is lightly battered and fired so I had to ask our waiter for his recommendation – without hesitation he said look at the broiled daily specials, all fresh that day and are excellent. He was not wrong. My wife and I shared some raw oysters to start that were excellent. The oysters, served with a mignonette sauce (vinegar, onions and herbs) as well as the standard ketchup and horseradish cocktail sauce were fresh and had just the right amount of briny taste to them. The cocktail sauce was very good, and the mignonette sauce was excellent. We both ordered and enjoyed the house salad before our meal. I ordered the Hoisin Glazed Yellowfin Tuna, my wife ordered broiled Swordfish. Both our meals were excellent but I think my wife’s swordfish was some of the best I’ve eaten. Sides were also well prepared and very good. They have an extensive, reasonably priced wine list too. Service was very good, attentive but not intrusive. This is a very good restaurant, one of the better seafood restaurants we have enjoyed in our travels, along the gulf, east and west coasts. If we travel to the Sandestin area again we will without doubt visit Mitchells and will both take our waiter’s advice and order one of the daily specials.

• Visited January 2013
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Great meal”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our first night in Destin we needed something close since we arrived layer in the evening. Happened upon Mitchell's Fish Market in the Grand Boulevard shopping center. What a great find! The place looks classy from the outside and was inside as well..It was a nice night so we opted for a table on the patio. Started with Lobster bisque soup. Delicious! I had one of the local fresh fish for the night. The red snapper cooked shanghai style with sticky rice and spinach was awesome! The wife had a spinach salad that she enjoyed. The key lime pie for dessert was the best she ever had. We would certainly go back again!

• Visited April 2013