“Romantic dinner”

Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 306 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Asian, French, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Matthew Blvd
Description: Beach Walk Cafe, known as the "Most Unique Dining Experience in Destin", is located inside the Henderson Park Inn. Beach Walk diners enjoy unobstructed views of the Gulf overlooking more than a mile of the world's most beautiful and secluded beaches with spectacular sunset views. In this idyllic private setting Beach Walk Cafe features an intimate atmosphere with dining available inside, with a cozy fireplace and magnificent views of the coast and outside on the verandas of the Inn overlooking the emerald waters of the Gulf. A favorite with locals and tourists alike, Beach Walk Cafe is known for its meticulous service, innovative cuisine and a stunning, unparalleled view. Enjoy the freshest local seafood, steaks, venison, pasta and more with an array of special accompaniments, sumptuous desserts and an extensive wine list. Beach Walk Henderson Park is for patrons 13 years of age and older.
Sellersburg, Indiana
“Romantic dinner”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I ate here while vacationing in Panama. Worth the drive. Better than Five Star dining.

• Visited July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tennessee
“Run, don't walk, to this restaurant!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is our second vacation in Destin. On our first trip, we decided that it isn't possible to get that one "memorable fabulous meal" we've come to expect from our vacations. We have been to soooo many restaurants and left them all feeling like we should've just hit the drive thru... I saw that the Beachwalk Cafe was ranked #1 and called for a reservation. IT. WAS. PHENOMINAL. I loved everything about it! We sat outside and the only noise we heard was thr rolling waves of the ocean. We had a great view and our server Ross, was outstanding! We jokingly told him about all of our disappointing meals and said "A lot was riding on this meal!" lol
He made fabulous suggestions and each one was spot on. We had the eggplant & crabmeat appetizer (divine), the Seafood Rockafella pasta (mouth watering), and the Grouper Vince (Very yummy) and for dessert, we got the very last piece of their banana cream pie, which we couldn't resist eating lots of, even though we were beyond full. We shared a nice bottle of Avalon Cabernet as well. Our bill was around $120 and it was worth every penny. I was presented with a red rose at the end of our meal, a very nice touch. We sat for a while on a swing for two that was sitting right on the beach and watched the sunset..., it was such a great evening. You just have to go there... Totally worth every penny!

1 Thank Kevandme96
Ruston, Louisiana
“Favorite Spot in Destin”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Destin has been a long time favorite of ours. However, the increasing crowds had us searching for another vacation spot. My husband and I gave it one more chance and stayed at the Henderson Park Inn. I realize my rating is for the Beach Walk, so I will try to separate my restaurant experience from the amazing stay we had at the Henderson Park Inn that will keep us coming back to Destin. All staff was friendly and the food was great. The Key Lime Pie and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake were the best I've ever tasted. And of course...the view is perfect. My husband and I did not try the "toes in the sand" dinner, but sat on the deck (after an evening of golf and shopping) and watched two couples eating dinner from a distance. The tables on the beach with tiki torches surrounding them were absolutely beautiful. I'm hesitant to share a review because I don't want the crowds to find our favorite spot in Destin. But, I'm afraid the secret is out. ;-) Thank you, Henderson Park Inn and staff. (Your recent visitors from Louisiana)

2 Thank Jmarie1029
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Amazing view, service and food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I visited here in June 2014 for our "parents night out" during our Destin family vacation. We made the right choice. Upon arrival we were pleased to find there was complimentary valet service. When we entered the restaurant, the host greeted us and took us to our table, which was outdoors overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Our waitress was very professional and friendly, and took the time to explain their specials and answer our questions. We ordered crab cakes for dinner, which were delicious. Our salads (I had a duck salad with raspberry vinaigrette and my wife had a Caesar wedge salad) were wonderful. Our entrees were blackened Ahi tuna and pasta with scallops and shrimp...both were spectacular. This isn't a place for children, and there weren't any. After dinner my wife was presented with a beautiful rose to take with her. Our bill came to about $200 (with wine), and it was worth it. If you're looking for a quiet evening with terrific food and service, this is the place! I recommend making reservations well in advance, particularly if you want the outdoor seating.

Nashville
“Overated”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The ambiance and setting are great with New England architectural style. We arrived early on a Thursday evening and had to put up with the "game playing" of a somewhat supercilious maitre d' while only two tables were occupied. Our server (James P.) was a bit on the casual side trying to be too familiar. A nice wine list. The food was well prepared but not worth the price. The lamb (chef's creation) was rather ordinary. It could be that this was an "off night". The restaurant certainly did not live up to the reports that we had read. When we left at about 7:30 the dining room was only 3/4 full - so much for the game playing - concentrate on food and service worthy of the money.