“Wonderful Dinner.....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn

Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 301 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Matthew Blvd
Description: Beach Walk Cafe, known as the "Most Unique Dining Experience in Destin", is located inside the Henderson Park Inn. Beach Walk diners enjoy unobstructed views of the Gulf overlooking more than a mile of the world's most beautiful and secluded beaches with spectacular sunset views. In this idyllic private setting Beach Walk Cafe features an intimate atmosphere with dining available inside, with a cozy fireplace and magnificent views of the coast and outside on the verandas of the Inn overlooking the emerald waters of the Gulf. A favorite with locals and tourists alike, Beach Walk Cafe is known for its meticulous service, innovative cuisine and a stunning, unparalleled view. Enjoy the freshest local seafood, steaks, venison, pasta and more with an array of special accompaniments, sumptuous desserts and an extensive wine list. Beach Walk Henderson Park is for patrons 13 years of age and older.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Dinner.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Visited this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. They are right on the beach and offer a beautiful view of the dunes and sunset. I am soooo glad we ate here. Their pricing is typical for gourmet food and it is well worth it.

We tried the grouper Vince and the crab cakes and both were scrumptious.

For desert we shared the key lime pie and it was excellent.

We will definitely come back on our next visit to Destin. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Little_guy_1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Pretty view, decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We ate dinner here on a Tuesday night. The view is beautiful. The hotel is beautiful. The dinner was not outstanding. I would suggest sticking to apps & wine.
Appetizers: caprese salad- tasty vinaigrette & moist mozzarella; eggplant app very good - we kept the sauce for bread dipping;
Entrees: halibut special, yellowfin tuna & blackened grouper. I would recommend the halibut but not the tuna or the grouper. The tuna - for being allegedly freshly caught - tasted very bland & old. The grouper was overcooked which was a total disappointment. And I've eaten Grouper all over before so I know it's not the fish.
Desserts- we had the banana cream pie, key lime pie & the bread pudding. Not one dessert was outstanding in any way. I advise against the key lime pie. The whipped cream on the banana cream pie completely overshadowed any bananas or crust.
The cost of the dinner was absolutely expected - exorbitant - and that would be just fine if the quality of the dishes matched the cost.
Have a cocktail here and maybe some apps, go eat fish at the Harbor Dock.

1 Thank Rebecca G
minimotor72, General Manager at Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking time to comment about your recent visit. Needless to say, I wish your experience had been much more enjoyable. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and food to all of our guests and we fell short during your visit. I have shared your comments with our management team. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had and hope that you will give us another chance in the future! Feel free to contact me directly at rolin@hendersonparkinn.com.

Ryan Olin
Inn Keeper
Henderson Park Inn
“Awesome dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a must do if you enjoy great dining AND the beach. Upscale, romantic, adults only bed and breakfast on the beautiful Destin Beach. Early April it was COLD but I had my heart set on eating out on the veranda. They had huge heaters going and they gave us lap blankets. Food and service is fabulous. Ladies you will receive a rose after you've enjoyed your meal. Love it, will return every time we visit Destin - which I hope will be often. One day we may even save enough to stay in the inn :-)

1 Thank NTM79
Livonia, Michigan
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Went there for dinner. Had the server Ross. Please ask for him. He was wonderful and he suggested everything we ordered. Eggplant and crabmeat app....grouper with potatoe cake.....pasta Rockefeller......I have to say it was the most amazing dinner my husband and I have ever had. We had the key lime pie for dessert also...yummy. And they gave me a Rose at the end of the meal.....very special.....10 out of 10....

Thomasville, Georgia
“SUPERB!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was a wedding gift and boy was it SCRUMPTIOUS! The service was wonderful. Our waiter was very nice. The atmosphere was very romantic. The view was fabulous! And yes the food was worth every penny. The eggplant appetizer with crabmeat was superb. The Seafood Rockefeller was the best. The brussels sprouts were perfectly cooked and seasoned. The grouper was outstanding. The homemade bread was delicious. I just didn't have room for dessert. I will be going back again the next time I'm in Destin.

• Visited April 2014