“Disappointed”

Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 312 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Asian, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Matthew Blvd
Description: Beach Walk Cafe, known as the "Most Unique Dining Experience in Destin", is located inside the Henderson Park Inn. Beach Walk diners enjoy unobstructed views of the Gulf overlooking more than a mile of the world's most beautiful and secluded beaches with spectacular sunset views. In this idyllic private setting Beach Walk Cafe features an intimate atmosphere with dining available inside, with a cozy fireplace and magnificent views of the coast and outside on the verandas of the Inn overlooking the emerald waters of the Gulf. A favorite with locals and tourists alike, Beach Walk Cafe is known for its meticulous service, innovative cuisine and a stunning, unparalleled view. Enjoy the freshest local seafood, steaks, venison, pasta and more with an array of special accompaniments, sumptuous desserts and an extensive wine list. Beach Walk Henderson Park is for patrons 13 years of age and older.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Chose this restaurant based upon reviews here and on Yelp. Started with couple in front of us arguing about their reservation for an outdoor table not being written down. Our table was by the window, and the view was ok. The air was a bit musty, but not overwhelming. Our server appeared late and appeared distracted by a couple on the porch that ordered wine. It took a while to take our order. The bread was excellent. Scallop appetizer was very good, but small portion for price.
My seafood Rockefeller was ok, good pasta and sauce, but seafood was cold. By this time, I was just hungry, and since we didn't see our waiter in the dining room at all, I ate it anyway. My wifes meat entrée was fairly good.. and the vegetables were cooked properly. We chose to have desert at the Donut hole, inexpensive and excellent.
We love Destin Restaurants, and enjoyed Mitchells, Flemings, and the Marina Café.
This was our least impressive meal.

1  Thank tennisdoc40
Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had dinner on the outside porch. The food was amazing and the service was great. The best atmosphere I experienced on the beach in Destin. Very classy place, with a friendly servie staff.

1  Thank naturegirll
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very romantic and a great place for couples. Definitely not a family restaurant. Food was good, but a little overpriced. You are paying for the location. Service could have been better as well, for a small place our waiter sure disappeared for long periods of time. Tables are close together, so not a lot of privacy, you can hear everyone's conversations and they will here yours. You should definitely call ahead and reserve a table on the deck or by the window. Take a walk on the beach or you can swing in a chair on the deck.

1  Thank TheTravelingMan70
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Destin to celebrate our first anniversary and chose this restaurant for dinner based on the good reviews. Wow! The good reviews were right on!! We were extremely pleased with our experience. Actually, there was a miscommunication with our reservation and they were immediately accommodating! The general manger saw to it that we had a table outside with a great view, and she checked on us at the end of the meal. The service was awesome!! Our waitress was kind, attentive, professional, and personable. She made excellent reccomendations, and made sure our experience was delightful! Now the food..... My husband and I agreed that it was one of the best meals we've had! Each course was cooked and prepared to perfection! We were beyond pleased with every bite of our appetizer, salads, entrees, and dessert! We will definitely be back when we return to Destin!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was looking for a unique dinner spot for our team dinner while in Destin. I found Beach Walk Cafe on Trip Advisor and thought it was worth checking into. I came out looking like a hero! Everyone LOVED their experience! We had a beautiful table overlooking a beautiful unspoiled beach (sometimes hard to find in the Destin area).

Our server, Alandra was excellent! She was very personable and very knowledgeable. The attention to detail was fabulous.

And then...the food! It was all wonderful! Everything that was placed in front of us was great. I had the crab spring rolls and then the shrimp and grits. I was stuffed!

Our entire group was impressed and we work in the hospitality industry! We even talked about personal trips to come back and bring our spouses! Very romantic scene! I can't wait to visit again!!

1  Thank kdub73