“Out-of-towners....listen up!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn

Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 301 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Matthew Blvd
Description: Beach Walk Cafe, known as the "Most Unique Dining Experience in Destin", is located inside the Henderson Park Inn. Beach Walk diners enjoy unobstructed views of the Gulf overlooking more than a mile of the world's most beautiful and secluded beaches with spectacular sunset views. In this idyllic private setting Beach Walk Cafe features an intimate atmosphere with dining available inside, with a cozy fireplace and magnificent views of the coast and outside on the verandas of the Inn overlooking the emerald waters of the Gulf. A favorite with locals and tourists alike, Beach Walk Cafe is known for its meticulous service, innovative cuisine and a stunning, unparalleled view. Enjoy the freshest local seafood, steaks, venison, pasta and more with an array of special accompaniments, sumptuous desserts and an extensive wine list. Beach Walk Henderson Park is for patrons 13 years of age and older.
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Out-of-towners....listen up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I vacationed in Destin the first week of Jan 2013. We ate at several restaurants suggested to us by a good friend familiar with the area. Some were good, some were "ok." My husband made the reservation for us hoping we would experience true "fine dining" on our last evening there. We were not disappointed!!! If you are looking for an unforgettable evening, this is your place to go! The food was out of this world, the atmosphere is intimate and quiet, and the sunset we finally got to see (after a week of clouds & rain) was worth every picture I could snap on my phone's camera. The staff makes you feel as though you're the most important people in room and our waitress contributed to the very pleasant night we had instead of detracting from it.To top off the evening, the female guests on this particular night were presented with a lovely red rose upon departing...a simple touch of elegance that left a lasting impression!!!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank plg1952

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Destin, Florida, United States
“Most romantic dinner we have ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My love and I had a date night and we decided to visit Beach Walk.
The place seemed nice, as we were greeted and sat we noticed it had a comforting atmosphere and vibe, the view was simply beautiful.
The food was exquisite and delicious every bite was like being pampered and the service was impeccable.
We started right before sunset and ended up under the stars.
It was funny how we realized we were having a perfect time: We were enjoying our food and looking at the sea then we both turn to each other and said at the same time: This is the most romantic dinner we have ever had! It really happened just like that.
We enjoyed everything and at the end we just wanted to stay the night and have breakfast in bed. We can't wait to go back.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank Yanim_Marialice
“World class food, service, and wine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I manage a restaurant in Destin and when I want a fantastic dining experience I know Beach Walk is the place to go. Being in the industry, I have been to restaurants all over the world. Beach Walk wow's me every time. Chef John and his staff have created a menu to suite everyone's taste preferences. When I made my reservation I spoke with Chef John about doing a special tasting menu. He promptly asked for mine and my guest's preferences on food. I gave him a basic idea of what we liked and he blew our mind on every course. Nick was our server and he did a fabulous job pairing wine with each course. If your looking for the best fine dining experience in Destin, this is the place to go.

3 Thank DSteele075666
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A simply perfect anniversary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

While the love of my life and I were guests at Henderson Park Inn we made last minute reservations with Kathleen during the peak time of dinner. She went above the call of duty to render a pristine experience. Due to the inclement weather the outside deck was vacant. Everyone who was on hand prepared our immaculate outdoor setup. We were aware of the lower temperatures; however, we appreciated the cozy setting with aesthetically appealing heaters and could hear the surf brush the beach.
Even more impressive was the creation prepared by Chef Sallman. The wagyu smoked short ribs were glazed with a coca-cola reduction. Its amazing what a top-notch chef can with food. The haricot verts were the most appealing to my pallet. The staff at Beach Walk Cafe impressively maintained complete attention to all details while providing customer service (something I look for at any business.) I would like to see more institutions provide service like Beach Walk.
Thank you for an unforgettable experience.
Amanda F.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ANF1292
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good but not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Beach Walk at Henderson Park was one restaurant we were looking forward to visiting. What a wonderful property.

Our server was efficient and was there for all questions. One disappointment was while the specials were presented to us, prices were never disclosed. While price point is never a consideration to us, it's better if the waitstaff discloses the cost. That being said, specials were off the table as a result.

My wife ordered a fliet mignon and I had the tuna. Both were prepared perfectly and were delicious.

We shared a dessert which was more than we could consume.

The only sticking point is that when we left, I received a call stating that the restaurant had a problem with my AMEX. It was swiped and was noted as a MasterCard. We drove back to the restaurant and I paid cash in order to honor my responsibility. My AMEX, supposedly was zeroed out.

Upon my return home, I noticed my AMEX acct has the charge still associated with my evening out. So I'll be battling this for a bit as I've paid twice for our dinner.

A wonderful evening, but with some glitches which tarnished the experience.

• Visited December 2012