“Southern Beach Bums”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 29 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“With a little tlc, this would've been a much nicer place to stay”
Reviewed October 1, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

-guest bathroom sink had a terrible leak.
-guest bedroom light switch broken.
-we had to purchase a fryhing pan. only one very small frying pan porvided.
-master bed comforter had blood and body fluid stains. extremely disturbing.
-comforter replaced with a thin knit blanket.
-both sliding glass doors were very difficult to open. after cleaning the tracks a little, it was a little easier.
-patio had broken tiles which caused water to puddle. had to bew very careful where we stepped.
-curtains were difficult to open.
-all in all: was happy to be staying right at the beach. but, not a clean or comfortable unit to be in.

Date of stay: September 2011
Liked best: location
Liked least: cleanliness/comfort
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Management Response
Oct 1, 2011
Dear Greg,
Thank you for your review of unit 203B at The Inn at Crystal Beach and for reporting your issues as they occurred. The light switch and the bathroom sink in the guest bath were changed out upon your report. Also, the owners were in town just after your departure and replaced the comforters. They were also made aware of the sliding glass doors, which when certified for hurricane proofing, as these are, are heavy and can be difficult to open. The owner is currently looking into options to make them easier to operate. We apologize that you had to go out and purchase a frying pan. Please let us know in the future when you find that you are missing key supplies and we will be glad to bring one up to you immediately. We hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future stay with us.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great location with beautiful beach but dirty condo”
Reviewed August 29, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

This was my first trip to Destin. I love this location and the beach was awesome. We picked the Inn at Crystal Beach for it's location and we liked that it is a quaint smaller property. The condo was decorated lovely but we were extremly dissapointed with the cleanliness of it. The fake plants had layers of dust on them and my husband and I had trouble sleeping the first night because of it.

Also, one of the blankets in the closet was filled with sand and had clearly not been cleaned. After we put it on our bed, then our bed was filled with sand and it was a huge mess. The washing machine is so tiny it would only fit 3 towels at a time so I did laundry non-stop. The master bed was very uncomfortable and there was no frying pan in the unit. Would have loved to clean the unit more myself to feel more comfortable but there was a lack of supplies to do so. We even moped the patio ourself one day so that it would be remotly comfortable to sit on.

Hopefully your company will hire a better cleaning company.

Date of stay: August 2011
Management Response
Aug 29, 2011
Dear Melissa,
Dale E Peterson Vacations and The Inn at Crystal Beach sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues that you encountered while staying with us in August. Our housekeeping company is usually very consistent and we do not receive many cleaning complaints at The Inn at Crystal Beach. I would venture to guess that some of your issues were just due to the end of the heavily trafficked rental season coming to a close. The unit was blocked down for three days for a “deep” clean as soon as there was time after your departure. We sincerely believe that if given another opportunity, we will exceed your expectations on a future stay with us.
LA.

Your age range 25-34
The Inn at Crystal Beach
Reviewed April 5, 2010 for a stay in March 2010

Date of stay: March 2010
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing