“Nice Stay”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed May 6, 2011 for a stay in April 2011

We came from Chicago for a long Easter weekend and had a wonderful stay at Inn of Crystal Beach. We ahve stayed there a couple of times and love it!

Date of stay: April 2011
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
“Nice Property”
Reviewed November 4, 2010 for a stay in October 2010

The Property is wonderful, beach is great, and people who work there are the best. Love having the Gulf 790 there for food and drinks. Our unit has had so updates done on it but could use a few more things done to it. The only thing about this year was they were painting the building and it was a pain and not very relaxing at times to hear the machines and not be able to relax by the pool.

Date of stay: October 2010
A TripAdvisor Member
“Better units are available. No tar, but June grass was terrible!”
Reviewed August 2, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

The people at the Inn at Crystal Beach were great, as well as the beach service. The decor was nice and the beds were comfortable. Maintenance responded promptly when we could not close the door to the unit. There was very little tar on the beach or in the water! What was there was cleaned immediately.

Unfortunately unit 602 needs alot of work on its kitchen and master bath and a good paint job on its trim. We could not take a shower without flooding the bathroom floor; bath hardware was attached to the walls, but was loose; lighting was poor in the master bath and dressing area. Kitchen appliances all worked, but were damaged on the outside. The icemaker did not catch up even after 6 days - and we were buying bagged ice. The drip pans on the stove did not fit so it was difficult to use the cooktop.

As far as the commom areas go, everything was fine except for the odor in the building when walking from the garage through the restaurant to the beach.

Unfortunately the worst part of the vacation was the June grass in the water. I know this is Mother Nature, but there is no way to find out its status. I've been vacationing in the Destin area for almost 50 years and I've only seen June grass once before. Previously we had been able to swim past it, but the week we were there it impossible to swim past.

Date of stay: July 2010
Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: The people who worked there.
Liked least: June grass, bathroom & kitchen.
Traveling group: Family (extended)
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed May 27, 2010 for a stay in May 2010

We really did not require much service other than checking in & out. Our unit was clean, well stocked & had a great view of the gulf.
The location was perfect. We were able to walk on the beach to lunch & we walked to dinner a few evenings

Date of stay: May 2010
Your age range 65+
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 26, 2010 for a stay in May 2010

I am saddened to tell you how disappointed we were in our recent stay at the Inn at Crystal Beach - Unit 602.

The virtual tour is outdated and the unit does not look like it - misleading. The ceiling above the fan in the living room is covered in dirt and dust that must have blown there from the fan.

When you walk in the door a pungent musty, moldy wet odor hits you hard; the carpet in both bedrooms is dark blue and filthy (don't go barefoot); the curtains in the living room were filthy; the curtains in the bedroom were falling off the hooks and the curtain rod is literally falling off the walls (I actually sat on the bed and cried as I can't believe I spent $300 per night to live in these conditions. While having my mini-meltdown a big black spider crawled across the bed. After taking our first shower or two, things started to come together and make sense. There are major problems with the tub and I'm sure the owner is aware of it. There is black mildew/mold on the tile by each corner of the tub. You can see where water has gone up the wall and they have tried to rough it out and paint it in an effort to repair. It is not fixed, after every shower within a half hour or so there would be puddles we would continue to wipe up on the floor. Something is leaking ... plumbing, jets or something. We had to sop it up and be careful not to slip. We spent as much time out of our unit as possible.

In summation, I don't know that we will be back to the Inn. I sincerely believe we should have been moved, but I know this is not a hotel. However, something should have been done.

We believe that some sort of credit/refund should be applied to our credit card now, for this unfortunate experience. I sincerely hope that the owners are contacted and attend to some of these items so another family does not have to experience what we did.

Date of stay: May 2010
Your age range 45-54
A TripAdvisor Member
“Average-to-Good by not for the price”
Reviewed April 14, 2010 for a stay in April 2010

The Inn at Crystal Beach is a nice facility but has only average accommodations. Within our unit the toilet seats were old and overdue for a change. Otherwise the unit was clean with nice furnishings. The gym was very nice, though the rest of the facilities (pool, restaurant) were average. The front-desk people staff were very nice. We have stayed at other locations in/near Destin for slightly less cost, but significantly better amenities.

Date of stay: April 2010
TX
Reviewed August 23, 2009 for a stay in August 2009

Date of stay: August 2009
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing