We stayed in this hotel for one night in late June 2012 on our way to New Orleans. The hotel is in a good location close to shopping outlets and restaurants. Check in was quick and our room was quite nice although the decoration was a bit tired. The room and bathroom had everything we required. We drove a short distance to the Henderson state park beach shortly after arriving and were pleasantly surprised how nice and well kept the beach was in the middle of a built up area. Because we were at the beach for a couple of hours we gave the hotel pool a miss but it appeared quite nice. After shopping for a few hours (a number of shops are within walking distance if you didn't have a car), we went for an evening meal. We choose TGI Fridays which is less than 100 meters from the hotel, which allowed me to have a couple of drinks without driving. The meal exceeded our expectations and the service was also very good. The breakfast was the usual fare for country inns and set us up well for the journey ahead. The breakfast area was kept well stocked and clean. If we returned to destin, and we would definitely like to, we would certainly consider this hotel. Whilst it is not the best hotel you will stay in, the location is excellent and the price for this area is hard to beat. At least this was our experience as it was around 40 percentage cheaper than other comparable hotels near the coast. I would however stay in a more luxurious hotel if we were staying 3-4 nights or longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly remodeled BEST WESTERN Sugar Sands Inn & Suites is centrally located in beautiful Destin, Florida. The city styles itself "The World's Luckiest Fishing Village," and has one of the largest fishing vessel fleets in the state of Florida. The convenience of our location offers each guest easy access to local attractions and many outdoor activities. The BEST WESTERN Sugar Sands Inn & Suites provides rooms with all of the amenities and superb customer service expected from Best Western. Our Destin, FL hotel is just a 5 minute drive to the sugar sand beaches and emerald waters of the Emerald Coast. Hotel guests will be close to a variety of restaurants - TGI Friday's, Longhorn Steakhouse(R), Bonefish Grill(R), and many more, all within walking distance of the property. Each guest room features free high-speed Internet access and cable television with HBO(R). A microwave and refrigerator are available in all rooms. The hotel offers a complimentary full hot breakfast, and features a heated outdoor pool and spa, exercise room, arcade, and an onsite laundry facility. The BEST WESTERN Sugar Sands Inn & Suites is located adjacent to the Shoppes of Paradise Key, just .5 miles from Destin Commons, 5 miles from the Silver Sands Outlet Mall and the Destin Harbor. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Sugar Sands Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Destin
- Country Inn & Suites Destin Hotel Destin
- Country Inn Destin
- Destin Country Inn