“Great Casual Atmosphere!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Super casual harbor side restaurant with good cold beer selection. Often they have live music. They are noted for their oysters - my wife is an oyster connoisseur and says they are good but not great. The crab cake I had was good as well. Overall more of a fun, relaxing place to go rather than a food destination. We had a good time and we'll probably go back next time we're in Destin.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I tell everyone you have to go to the boathouse. This is the best place for fresh oysters and cold beer. We go here everytime we are in Destin.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great views, vibe, prices, and music!! We were able to see dolphins in the harbor from the restaurant. Drank for a few hours and had lunch and our tab was only like 35 bucks! When we were getting ready to leave a really cool band started so we ended up shuting down the bar!!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place must be catching on. I ate here about four or five years earlier and since then they have added on. This cool little place is a small little secret among several big name restaurants around the harbor in Destin. I have talked to several locals that listed this place as their first choice. It sits right out on the water with a large shed roof they have added on as an outside sitting area. It has a small sitting area around the building to the other side with a seating area with three or four other tables. The inside of this place is only about 25 X 30 or so. Not a big place but a fun and neat place. The service is great and the food was really good both times I have been here. I would get there a little early if I had kids with me. I have seen families with children both times I ate here but as it gets later they have bands or people playing so it can get a little loud. Dewey Destin and Aj's are both in this same area so most vacationers look right past this little place. They have a nice large TV outside in the shed area with games on. This is a great little dive joint.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We've been here 3 times now since we just fell in love with this place. It's a shack and nothing to look at really but once you're inside you have fantastic views over the harbour and the boats. The service is always so friendly. The beers are cheap & cold and the oysters are just delicious. They have the famous appalachicola oysters for less than a $ a piece. That's certainly not what you pay in other places. I almost forgot to mention great live music too! Great find and we will be back!