“Destin Harbor”

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Destin Harbor”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I loved the harbor, walking in the evening is very lively, nice shops and restaurants. During the day, that's were most of the sea trips start. Very lovely place. I wish there would be more ready to eat and go food.

Visited July 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“cute place!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

good food, shopping, and any water sport you would want to try on vacation! They also have a cute little train i took my 3 year old on through the area. I tried the Snuba diving at Destin Snorkel, a great experience!

Visited July 2013
Conway, Arkansas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Everything you want to do is there”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Destin Harbor has a varied array of things for you and your family to do. From chartered fishing boats to party fishing boats to jet ski or pontoon boat rentals. Along with Harbor Walk there is an activity for everyone in your family

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Family Outing....”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

They have lots to do, we went in the evening, which was not too crowded. They have a train for the kids, rock climbing, bungee jumping, zip line , and other fun attractions. We enjoyed taking pictures on the "place your face" cut outs, which are placed around the harbor walk. They have boat rides, fishing, scuba diving around for your convienence. A must, if you're in the area of Destin.

1 Thank Nina_Texa
Senoia, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Destin Charter Service consider tourists a burden!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I own a rental condo in Destin, and have been on several deep sea fishing trips. I usually take the 6 hr trips, and have had some good luck catching many fish (on Back Lash boat), but for the most part have been disappointed. I've always had the sales pitch that if you want the big fish, you need to take the 8 hr trip and go further out to sea. So I recently booked the 8 hr trip on "Only Way" boat only to be disappointed again. It is early August and all fish except red snapper are in season. We rode for 2 hours to get 30 miles out, and immediately everyone caught an amberjack (big fish). But as always, the captain takes us off the "sweet spot" and drives us 10 miles back towards shore. He stops at the next spot, but talks to a boat nearby (not sure what is said as no communication takes place with us), and without casting our lines, we drive another 30 minutes and come to our next spot. We fish for about an hour and catch very few little "bait thieves". I had mentioned to the mate that I had caught a sand shark on my last trip, and it was a very tasty fish. He comments that sharks urinate through their skin, but he had heard that they tasted good. One of our group caught the exact same and size shark I had caught and worked hard to reel it in. When he got it to the boat, however, we were told that they don't keep sharks on their boat and released it, even though it was a legal catch. So, we spent the next several hours driving around the ocean, with very little fishing to be had.
My experience with most of the charter services in Destin has been that their attitudes are of annoyance with tourists, like we are a burden to them, even though we are their livelihood. They seem to assume that we are "city slickers" who know nothing about fishing and are in their way and on their nerves. They take your money and promise grand adventures with no intention of following through. They drive you around aimlessly in the ocean and keep their sweet spots for themselves.
When we got back to the dock, there was a 10 ft. shark that someone had caught. I guess their boat allowed sharks to be caught.
Research your charter service carefully before handing your money over. My guests will not be getting referred to Destin Charter Service.

8 Thank Christy S