“Could not even stay there”

Destin Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have to say their onlike booking process sucks.
I booked a room for 2 nights. Not only they charged my credit card on the spot, but when I went there to check in, my reservation was nowhere to be found, the hotel full, and they barely apologized for the mess.
The place looks like an overpriced motel anyways. I suppose that's pretty much the norm over there during the summer months.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

At first i would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have coast you. You made your reservation thru the third party and the company you made it thru didn't send us your reservation, your credit card probably was charged by the third party and i can assure you that you won't see any charges from Destin Inn & Suites on your bank statement,because we didn't have any of your information in our system. Again i would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and i would like to advise you to contact the third party which you made your reservation with just to make sure they will issue the refund. I hope we will have an opportunity to see you as our guest, please booked your room direct with us and i personally make sure we will provide you with our best.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

It was my anniversary weekend last minute reservations. Staff was excellent rooms were great will visit again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
DestinInnOffice, Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad our rooms met your expectations. We are looking forward to seeing you again !

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We checked in on Sunday 5/20/2012-5/26/2012. The staff was awesome and the hotel which is still under minor construction is clean, nice and if I needed anything all I had to do was ask. The front desk, housekeeping, and the groundskeeper were all great. I will definately stay here again. The rates were very reasonable too.

Room Tip: I had a very good experience here no tips. I would suggest this hotel to anyone.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie262003

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are glad that the Destin Inn & Suites met your expectations. The hotel staff takes pride in making our guest happy, so we are glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We extended our stay in Florida for an additional day and needed a room for just one night. We found this hotel and it turned out to be very nice. I was shocked because of all of the horrible reviews I read. We ate at the Golden Corral down the street while searching for a hotel for the night. We didn't realize the hotels was just a few buildings down. The front desk girl was nice when we checked in, and the man that checked us out was even nicer. I started to ask if I could see the inside of the room first but said what the hell it's only for one night, but I immediately went to check it out once we got our keys. It was really nice, we stayed in a king room on the second level, the carpet was really soft, the kid was extra comfy and clean, towels were clean, hot water, everything was fine. If I had to point out one issue it would be that the bathroom light hummed a little loude than usual when turned on. The outside does make one a little skeptical, but I think it was well worth the $79 plus tax we paid :) I am a teacher and I had my husband and 10 month old daughter traveling with me so I was really looking for cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Destin Inn & Suites. The hotel staff takes pride in making our guest happy, so we are glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Sorry about the bathroom light hummed i already informed my maint. dept. about it and they are checking every king room on the second level to fix that issue. I appreciate your nice, informative review of your stay, and hope to see you again the next time you’re in town.

-Kamilla

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Absolutely horrible! Only there two night and literally barely slept! The pictures show the hotel to be in good shape but NO ITS NOT! Its run down dilapitated and needs MAJOR renovations! The entire place smells like mold and while there I had to be rushed to ER cause I could not breathe. Not saying it way the hotel but funny I've never had that happen...ANYWHERE!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jtigerm
Reviewed August 23, 2011

photographs much better than it actually is. wateroverrun in upstairs room leaked through the fan in the bathroom.
BROUGHT BEDBUGS BACK! NOT HAPPY ABOUT THEM OR THE EXPENSE TO GET RID OF THEM!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank JE F
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was a last min deal decision stay at this hotel since all others were booked (Not surprised.) This was the worst place I have ever stayed in EVER. I was horrified for my kids to stay here. We walked in and the entire room had not been cleaned. The only thing they appearenly did was make the beds. The carpet had not been vaccumed, phone jack was ripped out of the wall, bathroom was filthy and disqusting. The entire room was just filthy. I immediately went to the front office and demanded another room and was refused. We would have left had we found another hotel. It would had been safer in the hotel then sleeping in the car. We had no choice, we had to stay. I immediately started cleaning in fear that my kids would catch a flesh eating disease. took all the bed spreads off the beds because of the smell and stains and placed them in the corner. No WI-FI, phone did not work, room was not cleaned the entire time we were there, dirty towels remained on the floor, remote had crust dried on it, clean towels had stains on them, around tolet area had what looks to be dried urine, air conditioner was noisey, on the one side of the bed nearest the wall I believe a vacumn cleaner has never been used there, refridge was not wiped out, I made my kids wear their shoes when they walked on the carpet because ftheir eet would be completely back after their showers and I had no clue when the last time they vaccumed. I wouldn't let my kids touch anything in the room (YES!!! The room was that BAD!!!!) HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE..... I AM WARNING YOU...IT IS HORRIBLE!!!!! This place is nothing short of a CRACK MOTEL or a PLACE RENTED BY THE HOUR!!!! Please ensure your immunizations are up to date before staying here. NOT even fit for dogs!!! Had I know I could post pics on there I would have taken some to show you the filth that this motel offers. SAVE your money, time and health!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family