“Home away from home”
Review of Maravilla

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Maravilla
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed April 7, 2014

So my sister booked us in room 3104 at Maravilla for spring break. I had my doubts about this but was pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice this place is. And for the money, it deserves an excellent rating but I'll stick with very good as I know some people can have very high expectations. There are two bedrooms and two baths with kitchen and washer and dryer. The kitchen had all of the dishes that we needed including wine glasses and wine opener. I thought my room would be noisy since it faced the parking lot but it was very quiet. The porch was really nice with two rocking chairs and a table with four chairs to enjoy the outdoors. Located right across the street from the beach makes this place convenient. We also brought my sister's dog (pet friendly) and the area is really pretty to take nice walks. Towels are provided along with four beach towels. Each room has a tv and DVD player. A real plus if it's a rainy day. I highly recommend a stay and I would definitely visit again. Free wifi included.

Room Tip: Room 3104 was on the ground floor with a nice porch. Can pull your car right up front of room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank tmboc

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We recently rented a unit at Maravilla. The suite itself was beautiful and the view exceptional. The location is great and it was really nice having the beach right there. I found the complex to be somewhat run down and in desperate need of a fresh coat of paint. The trek to the garbage disposal was a real hike. Our unit had a lock box instead of a key pad and this proved to be a real pain. The best part was that it was pet friendly, a definite plus. I wouldn't however book with the same person if I were ever to return. Although there were no problems to report, the customer service/personal touch was non existent, She didn't even check in to see if we arrived or followed up.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Girly313
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Maravilla in Destin for 3 weeks. Great location & Great view! Condo was very clean & well equipped. We loved the sounds of the waves on the Gulf. Our view from the balcony was awesome! Our condo was pet-friendly which was a big plus. We will return next year for a longer stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Tons to fill out and return once you make your payment and tons of rules. That part was fine. (Lady who took reservation was really nice!) When we arrived, however, we saw that there were NOT enough towels for all of us. We told them how many people would be there so they should had accommodated us. I called the number on the fridge for housekeeping and they were VERY rude and hateful about it. I told them that with the # of people we had staying that we would have to share towels EVEN BEFORE WE WASHED THEM!! They were like oh well guess you will have to wash them. I shared my towel with my TWO kids! (good thing I had brought my own wash cloths or we would had had to share that do or do without!!) I even asked about toilet paper since NO extra was left...not even on the roll already there on the wall... you could see the cardboard it was attached to (not even enough to wipe)...they argued with me saying there was extra there. (both bathrooms were this way) I just said fine it is here. And we went out and bought some. In the rules it says you could be charged extra if unit isn't kept clean. Okay fine. I clean units I am in that long anyways (working at a motel myself it is just nature). It did say, too, that they don't deep clean often which IS the truth because some things made me want to have more of my own cleaning supplies to clean things that should always be clean. HOWEVER when I was cleaning the unit the first night (sweeping and mopping and vacuuming) there was SOOO much dog hair under stuff it was gross. We cleaned that unit better than the way it was left for us! Shower and tub were dirty. The first bedroom bed protector was all ripped to pieces and bedding sheets would not even stay in the bed. Pillow smelled of dirty hair and was VERY yellow with stains when I looked inside the pillow case. found dog toys and trash under that bed. Found coins under the other bed. WAS NOT A CLEAN UNIT. No view. Porch area had sand buckets, skim boards, and sea shells. I don't know if the previous people left it or what but it was dirty out there. Cobwebs and trash all over the place. Sliding door had a huge metal piece sticking out of it that was very sharp and door was very hard to open because of it. TV was fuzzy. I did enjoy our stay at the beach and beach set up (just not how close they set people). I would stay here again in a different unit with a better ocean view. The price was good for the number of days we stayed. I like getting to take my pets with me. BUT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CLEAN UP ANOTHER PERSONS MESS!!! Next time I know I MUST pack our own towels and toilet paper. The area where the dogs go potty needs to be kept cleaner. I picked up my dog poop but SEVERAL people didn't. So we had to watch our step. There was only a day and half during my whole stay that they even had poop bags there...good thing too I brought paper towels with me on our walks.

Room Tip: 2110 was NOT clean. First bedroom very cramped and mattress cover falling apart. Pillow smelled of d...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AugustMoon_86
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed in unit 2405, booked by condos in destin...and cannot say enough nice things! Everything was as nice as the pics on the website. We had our dog with us and the only negative was the beach is NOT pet friendly...but we knew that. We ALL still had a wonderful vacation!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis J
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a great condo complex especially if you prefer to smaller resorts with less crowds. Maravilla is located on Old 98 which is just across the street from the beach. For those of you who are worried about not being "Beach Front" don’t worry Old 98 is not a busy street so it’s no hassle getting to the beach. The resort was very clean and the specific unit we stayed in was perfect. They have two very nice pools onsite one being beach front while the other is in the center of the complex. It would have been nice if the hot tub was located at the beach front pool however at least they have one.

I can only think of one negative for this complex and that is the fitness area. It’s in desperate need of help, old broken mismatched equipment which need to be thrown away. They would be better off getting rid of the fitness area altogether rather than advertising what they currently have.

Overall we were very satisfied with our stay and would undoubtedly return again. We loved the beach and the location. You are located on a great little road where you can easily walk to many restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Logan M
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We visited the weekend/week before the 4th and had a fantastic time! The condo and surrounding property was clean and well appointed. My daughter loved the pools! My husband loved people watching from the nice table and chairs on our condos patio too. We love that the condo had a great kitchen for us to prepare lunches to take on the beach! The private beach was gorgeous-so clean and not crowded at all! Our umbrella attendant, Matt was very helpful and prompt in setting up our chairs, always offering assistance if needed. He also readily and fully answered our questions about kayaking in the ocean, which is something we'd wanted to try. He had kayaks available for rent so for around $20 we got to take one out and paddle down the coast. It was so much fun! Matt helped us take the kayak out, showed us how to get in & out, how to paddle, the best direction to take, then pulled the kayak back on shore for us too. Over all, it was such a fun and relaxing stay-exactly what we needed! We rented through www.beachcondosindestin.com and were so pleased with their prices, the beautifully updated property and awesome service. Can't wait to go back! We'll definitely stay in Maravilla again!

• Stayed: July 2013