“New Favorite in Destin”

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 300 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: At the doorstep pickup and dropoff to and from the Sandestin Resort as well as surrounding hotels/vacation rentals.
atlanta, ga
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Favorite in Destin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

I've been here for lunch and dinner, both great. I usually refuse to eat anywhere in Destin w/o a great Gulf view--this is my one exception. Loved the fish tacos! Also liked the Cuban sandwich---but the absolute best is the Pina Colada Cake---OMG---so yummy!

1 Thank tvcarol

Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

We had dinner at Tommy Bahama's while in Destin for the week. A very nice place but still on the casual side. They had outdoor dinning as well. Service and food were excellent. The night we were there they had a "sampling menu". Limited options of an appetizer, entree and dessert for $29. I had the stuffed chicken and my wife had fish. Salads were much above average with interesting ingredients. Desserts were also good.
We enjoyed our visit .

1 Thank MexicoBob25
Big D
“Best Lunch in the Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

We have eaten lunches there for the past three years, on vacation, and the food and service is excellent. Portions are large and prices on the high side.
Worth trying, you should not be disappointed.

Dearborn, MI
“Tropical Paradise Found”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

WOW! Just what I expected to find on the Emerald Coast. After eating at several other restaurants in Sandestin, we decided to try the Tommy Bahama's Tropical Cafe in Sandestin. It was the best meal of our week long trip. Our waiter provided us with some great recommendations and wonderful service. We started with drinks and the goat cheese appetizer (yum). The Pineapple Mojito was amazing!!! My husband's drink, the Bahama Basil Smash, was equally unique and refreshing. Our entrees didn't disappoint either. The seafood was fresh and perfectly seasoned. As for the desserts, we tried the Key Lime pie and received a huge serving. It was probably the best key lime pie I have ever eaten (which says a lot coming from a person with a serious sweet tooth).

Overall, I can't say enough about the food, service, and atmosphere. We would have eaten there again during the same trip but left the next day. Too bad we didn't find the restaurant earlier in our trip.

1 Thank deVeer
St. Louis, MO
“Outstanding - best meal of the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

My wife and I had a special "night out" while my parents watched the kids. We headed out to Tommy Bahama in Sandestin and let me tell you, this easily beat any previously meals we had in Destin. We each ordered the tasting menu, which is $29 and consists of two small appetizers, an entree (half size), and a dessert. For an extra $20/person, we received a wine pairing which is a full glass of wine with each of the three courses. It was plenty of food and outsanding!!!

The atmosphere is definitely upscale, but still fairly casual. The menu features at least 10 different rum drinks. We each ordered one and both were excellent. This isn't your typical tropical punch in a plastic cup that you'd get at many restaurants. The flavors were full and the rum was smoooooth. When the food came, we knew we were in for a real treat. The aps were all A+ and included almond encrusted goat chesse with flatbread crackers, crabcakes, raw tuni in a guacomoloe salad type concoction, and chicken drummies in a wonderful barbecue sauce. I could go on and on, but I won't...the bottom line is that this restaurant is outstanding. Prices may be slightly higher than your typical Destin tourist places, but the food was twice as good.

We've decided to go back again tomorrow with the whole family! They do have outdoor seating which overlooks a grassy area where the kids can run.

1 Thank JV77