“Great place to eat in Destin!”

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 300 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: At the doorstep pickup and dropoff to and from the Sandestin Resort as well as surrounding hotels/vacation rentals.
Lexington, KY
“Great place to eat in Destin!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Everything at Tommy Bahama's Restaurant is delicious but I think my absolute favorite is the Pina Colada cake - you must order this even if you have to get it to go! The particular location has a very nice outdoor dining patio area that is lovely on pretty evenings. The service we had was excellent and our meal was wonderful. The Lump Blue Crab and Avocado Salad was fresh and I really recommend it. The Jerk Chicken Tacos and the Tiger Shrimp Pasta were very good but pretty spicy, so beware! You can read a more detailed article about our visit on our travel blog here: http://www.wanderlustwonder.com/2014/05/08/knew-tommy-bahama-restaurants/ or I would be glad to answer any questions.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank kentuckygal53

new orleans
“Could use more variety on menu”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The dishes are well executed but all that interesting. Drinks are solid. Had the tamarind steak salad on last visit. Refreshing and light. I did have a ard time finding something exciting and appealing though.

• Visited July 2014
New Orleans
“Always great!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I had lunch at Tommy Bahamas with some business colleagues. Every time I am in Destin, I try to make it there. The service is always good and the food is even better. I can honestly say that I have not had a bad or mediocre meal there. Everything is always good, from the appetizer to the entree, from the cocktails to the deserts. I ate light this time and had a crab bisque soup with a crab and avocado salad. Both were outstanding. While lunch is normally an easy seating, dinner can get busy. I would recommend reservations if going for dinner.

2 Thank funinthesun95
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great find”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We have eaten at Tommy Bahama's in Destin, Fl aprox. 6 times now so I feel comfortable writing this review. Every dish we have ordered has been excellent. Never a miss... Great job TB-Destin!!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Alice512
“Sad to say it was a disappointment ”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I am always the last one to complain at a restaurant, I NEVER send my food back if I don't like it I'll just eat it, I ordered it that's my bad not theirs, I never complain about service if they are busy I've worked as a waitress before for years and it can be crazy, however... This place was awful, we sat for 20 min with no drinks, no acknowledgement, when she finally saw us she got our drink order, she didn't bring them right out but we got them, then we ordered food which was an act of Congress just to get someone to take our order, after she took our order she came back and said the kitchen was 45 min behind and once out order got in it would take about 25 min to cook. So we were they're for about 2 hours with no food, please don't ask why we stayed, we had been told it was great food, I ordered the shrimp plate it had what was supposed to be shrimp scampi but was some sort of shrimp soup, the coconut shrimp tasted awful, one of the kids that always eats shrimp ordered the adult platter like me because she can eat! She did not touch either or the things I didn't either so I knew it wasn't just me. When the waitress came to the table her dad told the waitress that we did not care for it it was cooked bad we just didn't like it, she sent manager over and again I told her it was cooked fine it just didn't taste good and she actually took them both completely off the check which was very nice and unexpected, I still gave them 1 star though because it's just not worth the money at all.

1 Thank Kaileigh P