“Nice menu & Good Food”

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: At the doorstep pickup and dropoff to and from the Sandestin Resort as well as surrounding hotels/vacation rentals.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Restaurant attached to their retail store. Reasonably priced selection of food - steaks, burgers, etc. Fried Green Tomato appetizer was delicious. Nice dessert selection as well.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Harvest Veggie Burger is a welcome site on this chains menu. It is best eaten with a knife and fork and Shared with a friend as it is enough for two ! You can leave the cheese off and sub the aioli sauce if your vegan, I like it better without the top bun. Comes with fries.
There are a few salads that work well, a goat cheese starter that is Veggie -Good. There is a roasted Veggie plate that sounds good but is not at the level it should be for $17. The Atmosphere is very nice, the wait staff always drops a notch in this area after the Big Tourist season is over.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Amaaaaaaaazing food!!! service excellent.. ambiance wonderful.. you couldn't ask for more.

The butter, ohhhh the butter!! We highly recommend the Ahi Poke Napoleon for appy, (we asked our waiter what he recommends, and this was it, and he was bang on!) Bungalow salad (share the small one, the portions are huge!) and for entree, the Lemongrass Ahi. We shared all of the above between two people, and the portions even shared were very generous. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were doing a little shopping at Tommy Bahamas and decided to give the restaurant a try. We were pleasantly surprised! We had the crab cakes as an appetizer and we split a dinner portion of the fish tacos. It was great! We ate at the bar and the bartenders were very friendly. Nice place to check out.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I didn't want to give a bad review simply because the server was bad. I had a different picture of what Tommy Bahama's was when I was told we were going there for supper. I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was nice, the food was great. I enjoyed the bread, the she crab soup, and I got the crab stuff shrimp which were really good. Our table got three desserts to split amongst us (5 adults). Creme Brulee, Key Lime Pie, and the Chocolate Cake. We had enough to take some of the chocolate cake home. The creme brulee was not cooked and was more like a soup, but the flavor was good. The chocolate cake was delicious, but it was definitely big enough to feed an army.

Our server appeared to be drunk (or at least smelled heavily of alcohol) and was very poor. He kept reaching over everyone or asking us to pass drinks down the table rather than simply walking around the table. I had to flag down other waiters to get us refills for our drinks and I had to flag down the same waiter to help us with getting dessert and boxes for the desserts. He was definitely a disappointment of the meal, but I would still go back to Tommy Bahama's hoping for a better waiter/waitress experience.