“Should be #1 in Destin”
Review of Fat Clemenza's

Fat Clemenza's
Ranked #30 of 312 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We are still in Destin and ate here last night. It was tremendous. After visiting #1 the Irish pub I see no contest. Fat Clemenza is #1 by far. The owner met us at the door and was very gracious. He welcomed us in a very friendly manner and explained the menu to us and then tempted us with the fresh baked dessert. The brick oven pizza was superb as was the pasta and shrimp bisque. After seeing the dessert, who could resist? The Canoli cake and the chocolate eclair were excellent. The wait staff were very attentive and helpful. Everyone at Fat Clemenza's made us feel glad we chose them. When asked how we found them since they do not advertise I told him we had checked Trip Advisor. The only thing I question is their ranking, they should be #1 in Destin.

1  Thank Alabama813
Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed May 24, 2009

My husband and I recently had dinner at Fat Clemenza's based on reading other reviews. We were so pleased that we did. We ordered the blackboard specials and the food was excellent. Along with the food, the service we received from our waiter and the personal attention from Dominic will make this a regular stop when we're in Destin. Thank you for a very enjoyable evening....we'll see you in July!

1  Thank MSDaneLover
Reviewed May 21, 2009

My wife and I dined at Fat Clemenza’s in Destin, Florida in May 2009. We made a reservation and were promptly seated when we arrived. The restaurant is in a strip shopping center and appears to be converted office or retail space. The owners have made a noble effort in giving the place charm, but it still has the feel of a State Farm office decorated for an Italian themed party.
The other reviews and our experience suggest that the place is locally owned and family operated. Our waiter was a young man who spoke with an Italian accent. When we ordered, he expressed his displeasure that my wife and I intended to share a pizza and that neither of us cared for an alcoholic beverage. I ordered a garden salad as well.
He did bring us our drinks and the ubiquitous bread and olive oil. The bread appeared to have been made with pizza dough and was delicious.
Our pizza was out in less than 15 minutes. So fast, in fact, that it beat my salad to the table. When I cancelled the salad, our waiter again manifested disapproval.
The pizza was simply delicious. The crust was thin and light. The various ingredients were so well matched that it was difficult to indentify any particular one. This dish is so different from Pizza Hut or Domino’s that it deserves a different name. It was the best pizza that I have ever eaten.
In spite of his editorializing with regard to our order, our waiter was otherwise attentive and courteous. He cheerfully boxed the pizza we did not eat as well as the tiramisu my wife took home. She ate it for breakfast the next day and speculated that it would have been “marvelous” rather than just “good” if she had consumed it when served.
Fat Clemenza’s is a must visit in Destin.

3  Thank charlesturner
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We were in Destin for the 1st 2 weeks in April and stopped because our daughter thought it sounded interesting and we were in the mood for pizza. The pizza was excellent . We decided to come back to try the Italian food and they did not disappoint. We visited 3 times in our short stay and will put this on our favorite list. Service, Food were excellent. You do not expect this kind of quality in a restauarnt located in a strip mall. The owner and his staff make you feel like family. Best Italian on the Gulf coast.

2  Thank William F
Reviewed May 9, 2009

don't let the fact that its in a strip mall put you off, its excellent.